Sarah's Confession

I stand alone in the middle of the park as the wind swirls around me. I continue to push my hair behind my ears as it sways in my face.

My phone screen showed the time to be twenty minutes past the hour, and I was beginning to think I would be stood up.

"I didn't think you would show up."

I turn around, "I'm here, I have been here. I was beginning to think you wouldn't show up."

A smirk. Of course.

"I hated to keep you waiting, but I had other obligations."

"You were the one who called me here. You said it was urgent."

A nod, "Yes I did."

"So why am I here? What's so important?"

I could feel my chest burning and I was passed the agitation stage of impatience.

"I was told your friend has a drug problem," he took a few steps to the side, "I hate that."

"Just tell me what you want."

"I was at the docks the night she showed up, you know?"

Suddenly I became interesting in the conversation, "And what were you doing at the docks with them? You don't associate with them."

He laughed, "You don't know anything about who or what I associate with."

"Tell me what happened."

He pointed to the park bench, "Let's sit."

"I don't want to sit."

"Fine," he sat and crossed his leg over his knee, "We were all hitting some hard stuff that my brother brought home from college when Sarah showed up. She looked pretty rough," he pat the seat beside him, "Have a seat."

Hesitantly, I agreed to sit.

"What else?"

"Heath asked her to chill with us, and to all of our surprise, she had some products herself. We just passed around a few hits and trays, nothing too crazy."

"And why were you there, again?"

"I was invited. I have friends outside of West Heights, Emilie."

"What all did Sarah take?"

He tapped his chin, "Just a few pills and puffs, nothing of concern."

"Who did she leave with?"

He looked at me with a grin, "Not me if that's what you are worried about. I'm nothing like AJ, I like for girls to be fully aware and accepting of what I have to offer."

My throat formed a lump as I flashed back to the party and AJ.

"Sorry, too soon?" His sarcastic grin made me want to punch him.

"Did she leave with anyone?"

He nodded, "Yeah, Dawson."

"Which Dawson."

He stood up, "Heath."

"So you called me out here just to tell me that you were there that night?"

"No," he held his hand out to help me up, "I called you out here to tell you that she confessed something that night."

My eyebrows hugged each other, "Confessed?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "She informed us all that her brother was a daddy to be, Congratulations."

My heart sank, "You are a fucking liar."