36. Day Eighteen

Waking up with someone else's arms around me was a weird feeling.

It was such a weird feeling for me that I opened my eyes, gasped, and then instinctively pushed Maddox right out of my bed.

"Okay, ow? The hell, Aims?" He muttered from the ground, rubbing the back of his head, his voice still groggy from sleep.

Groggy, but damn sexy.... Ugh, get it together!

Lifting up into a sitting position, I grimaced looking down at his confused face. His hair was tousled, eyes still glossed over with sleep, and seeing him shirtless so early in the morning was definitely not good for my health. But, clearly sleeping next to me wasn't good for his health either.

"I'm so so sorry, are you okay?" Flustered, I bit down on my lip in shame. 

"I think I broke my wrist," he said, clutching his right hand and winced. My heart instantly tightened with guilt.

"Where? Let me see!" I reached for his hand and gently took it in my own, pushing closer to him as I inspected it. "Does it hurt?" It wasn't swelling yet, so that was a good sign.

"Yeah, it hurts a lot," he said in a weird, strained voice.

I looked up at him, and realized his face was only inches away from mine, his eyes focused intently on my face. Those gorgeous eyes of his threatened to consume me if I kept looking at him, and there was no time for that. I needed to focus.

"Where does it hurt?" I asked, turning his wrist over as gently as I could and looking at it from all sides.

"Right here." He said and tapped his chest with his left fist. I stared at him blankly, one eyebrow perking up in confusion before he elaborated, "You just look so beautiful in the morning, my heart can't take it."

My face turned a furious red as soon as I realized what he'd said, and that his wrist wasn't swollen because he was just fine. I pressed my lips together, annoyed but not truly angry. It was hard to be angry at him when his corny words almost made my heart leap out of my throat.

"Jerk," I muttered, punching him on the chest and causing him to chuckle, "I thought you were hurt." I pursed my lips together, and looked away from him in protest.

"Sorry, sorry. It was payback for that rude awakening." He smirked, clearly amused and not even remotely sorry. "I was expecting more of a morning kiss rather than the fall of doom." Wiggling his eyebrows he moved closer to my face.

I put my hands on his shoulders and moved my head away, wrinkling my nose. "What are you, sleeping beauty?"

Laughing, he pressed his hands against the bed and it cracked under his weight. Slowly but surely, he moved closer, eyes focused intently on mine. "Nah, that's you. I can be your prince, though." He said and pecked my lips before I even had a chance to react.

"Ugh, gross, stop it." I pretended to vomit and he laughed, lifting from the floor and stretching. Even though I was complaining I was fully aware there was a huge grin on my face that wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. What was happening to me? I hated when couples acted so cringe with each other and here we were, acting like a cringe couple.

A couple... We were a couple now, right?

My own thoughts made me blush and I covered my face with my hands trying to hide away.

"I'll go make us some coffee, princess." He stuck his tongue out, and I groaned, throwing my pillow at him. He caught it with a chuckle and tossed it back at me before leaving my room.

I buried my face into the pillow, feeling happier than I had in months, maybe even years. It was definitely weird waking up next to someone, but it was the good kind of weird.

********

"So I have an important question," he said while sipping his coffee. We were sitting next to each other on the living room couch, his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

"What is it?" I peeked at him, trying to gauge by his expression what he was aiming at. His face looked expressionless and my heart sunk. Was this going to be something bad?

"Does today count as the first day of our relationship or was it yesterday? I don't want to be skinned alive if I remember the wrong date for our anniversary," he said, a smile finally cracking the serious facade he'd managed to keep.

This guy. I narrowed my eyes, and decided to tease him back, "Are we dating? I don't remember being asked."

At first his eyes widened and I could see worry in his expression as he looked over my face. After a few moments, his features relaxed and he smirked.

"Hm, was that not implied when you professed your undying love for me?" He wiggled his eyebrows and licked his lips seductively.

"I did no such—!" I protested but stopped when I saw his lips quirk up in a cocky grin. Oh God, teasing him was a big mistake. His payback was so much worse. "Ugh, is it too late to take it back?"

"Yup, way too late. You're all mine now," he said, nuzzling his face against mine and pulling me tighter against him. My heart thrummed happily, but I was slightly afraid that my cheeks would stay perpetually red if he kept acting this way. We were so close now, I was almost sitting on top of him and I had the faint impression that was exactly where I was heading.

I tried to distract myself from the desire that started pulsing through my body, "Let's make it today then. The first day as a couple." It made sense. Yesterday was such an emotional day all together and I'd just blurted out my feelings, riding my wave of overwhelming emotions. Today was our first full day together, like really together.

He nodded, rubbing his chin with his free hand, "Hm, we should commemorate it in that case."

My heart skipped a beat in excitement, "Game night?" I suggested, a huge grin on my face.

He seemed to ponder on my words, running his hand gently through my hair. "I was thinking more like date night?" His voice sounded husky and sent chills down my spine. Oh my.

"Then it's a date." I grasped the hand that was stroking my hair and softly kissed the inside of his wrist.

He swallowed hard, his eyes wide and full of longing, "You being cute like this is gonna take some getting used to."

"That's okay, I'll wait until you catch up." I threw his words back at him and he laughed, pulling me into his lap. 

Hi lovelies! ❤️

Hi lovelies! ❤️

Eeek, this was SO fun to write... that there will be a part 2 after all, lmfao. I was like so determined to make it only 1 chapter per day, but these two are so disgustingly cute and fun to write that I just get carried away... 

I hope you guys don't mind, it just means more Maddox and Aimee to read! ❤️ 

How did you like this chapter? Their first official day as boyfriend and girlfriend, heh. 

I'm sorry it was posted a bit late, I had some unexpected things to take care of during the day which kept me a bit busy. 

How about you, how has your week been so far? ✨

I'll be replying to comments from yesterday now, eeek. Thank youuu for all the support, I love you all!  ❤️

Stay strong and stay safe.