One Day

"Oh, my Darling, I know. I see you here every year. I see you every day and night. I stand beside you and hold hands with our grandchildren whenever you do. If I could tell you, I would tell you everyday that I am here. Our kids are so grown now and it's amazing to see. If only you knew I am here with your parents and Alex. We knew that your life would go on past mine when we were young. One day we will see each other again.

I am with you forever and always Kara. I am  the person you see in the corner of your eye whenever you are sad. I am watching over you to make sure you stay safe when you go on walks. I love you my dear. One day soon I will be able to tell you that in person darling.

I wish you could know that I am with you always. I am here hugging you without you realizing when you are crying at night from missing me. One day soon I will be able to actually embrace you on the sad and happy days.

I've been gone for 6 years my love but when you come to me, we will have forever together and that is what I want you to hold on to when you have hard days. One day soon we will be together."

This is what I said to the woman I love, Kara, when she comes to my grave in tears.