Chapter 6

Sophia - picture 

Sophia’s POV

It has been a week since I woke up and Doc Murphy said that I could get out today.   Of course we had no home, but we were going to stay in the pack house.   The pack house.   Man it sounded so strange.   The day after I woke up, Jane sat with me to explain her world to me.   To say that I was shocked is an understatement.  

At first I thought maybe I was suffering from some brain damage that was until Jane shifted.   It was a good thing that I was still in bed, because otherwise I would have fainted.   Ella on the other hand had no reaction.   She just marched right over to Jane and began petting her.  It was all so weird and hard to take in.  

I guess from a child’s level, it would be easier to accept, but me…well let’s just say that I was having a hard time.  

Jane explained everything to me and I guess Ella as well since she still would not leave my side.  When Jane got to the part as to who Knox was to the pack and especially me and Ella, my anger reached an all new level. 

Oh hell no.   I will not be saddled with another possessive, arrogant, self-absorbed partner.   My ex cured me from ever wanting that type of attachment for as long as I lived.   I don’t care if some moon goddess thought we were perfect for each other, she can find someone else for him.  

I just wanted to find a nice quiet place to raise my daughter in peace.   Not with some enormous, sexy Alpha male who is destined for me.   No f-ing way.   I had all my decisions taken away from me for the past decade.   No more.  I didn’t want this, I didn’t need this and who the hell does he think he is just waltzing in here day after day, trying to comfort me and Ella!  The nerve of this man.  

We were fine, once I was better, Ella and I would continue on up to Canada, out of the jurisdiction of the FBI.   Brian had no friends in Canada, no one to turn us in to him, no one to help him.  

From there my plan was to head to Europe.   I have always wanted to live in Italy.   Jane was trying to talk me out of it, saying we were best protected her by their pack, not our pack since I was considered the next Luna.   Whatever the hell that is…

It was now Friday and Jane was sitting next to me explaining more about the shifter world.   Ella as at the table in the corner playing on the iPad Knox gave to her.   I knew she was listening, but her gaze never lifted from the screen.    She still has not said a word to anyone, only nodding when needed.   I felt such sorrow, as her mother, that I could not fix this.   She was going to need to work through our experience as her own pace, I could not rush her.  

The door to my room opened and Knox and Noah, who we met the day before, stepped in.   His eyes landed on mine and he flashed me a huge smile.   “Good morning beautiful’s, how are you both doing today?”

Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, he was careful not to touch me.   Jane updated him on my progress and where she stood with regards to my questions.   Flashing me another smile, his gaze landed onto Ella.   She was staring at Noah with a blank look on her face.   It was as if she was still sizing him up.   Yesterday, she barely acknowledged his presence so at least she was getting better.