FOUR: It's VK Day

Two days have passed since the Bureau meeting. Preparations have been made and all the pieces have been put in place for one of the biggest days for the residents of the Isle of the Lost and Auradon. Because today was VK day.

"Attention, Isle of the Lost!" an announcer said from the overhead speaker. "VK day is today! I repeat, VK Day is today!"

"It's VK day!" exclaimed a small girl, she and others gathering in a circle and holding onto their applications.

The announcer continued broadcasting the message, "Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos and Helena will be returning to the Isle to personally announce the three villain kids that have been chosen to begin classes at Auradon Prep this semester. You must have submitted an application to the Bureau of Isle Affairs, and have the copy with you."

"I've got my application," said another girl, holding her application up in the sky.

"I have mine right here," exclaimed another VK.

But not everyone on the Isle of the Lost was happy. As a matter of fact, this day left the Isle people more divided than usual. Some were ecstatic at the chance that they might be able to go to Auradon. Others were indifferent, feeling that this day wouldn't make a difference to them no matter what happened. But what both sides could agree on, the reality that they had to face, was only three VKs would be able to Auradon. Only three out of all the VKs on the island would go to the idyllic kingdom across the sea and have a chance at a better life.

And quite frankly, Harry Hook was sick of it all. No matter where he went, he would only see Mal, Evie, Helena, Jay and Carlos. There were more propaganda posters than ever plastering the Isle of the five reformed villain kids to promote this day. And a commercial about VK Day seemed to be playing constantly on the Auradon News Network and the Dungeon Shopping Channel, which was annoying given that these were the only two television channels on the Isle.

"Hey, man," Gil said cheerily, walking into the captain's quarters where Harry was on the Lost Revenge. "Why are you cooped up in here?"

"Because I don't want to be out there," Harry replied, sitting on the couch and flipping between two channels on the TV.

"Why not?" asked the son of Gatson, taking a seat next to the Hook boy.

"And today's the big day!" The news announcer said, causing Harry to groan. "Today is VK Day, the first major event of the Juvenile Reunification Program. The program was created by King Ben and our five favorite VKs with the hopes of bringing all children from the Isle of the Lost to Auradon. It has already seen success with CJ Hook, daughter of Captain Hook, and Dizzy Tremaine, the granddaughter of Lady Tremaine and daughter of Drizella."

"Look, it's CJ!" Gil exclaimed as it cut to a clip of CJ and Dizzy with Helena at an event for Evie's fashion business.

"She looks happy," Harry muttered, his eyes focusing on the smile on Helena's face as she watched CJ. "They both do."

"Now, three more VKs will join the program," The news announcer continued. "Princess Helena, Lady Mal, Jay, Evie and Carlos will be heading to the island today to announce to the Isle residents which three VKs will be given the chance to cross the sea and come to Auradon."

"WE KNOW !" Harry yelled out in frustration. "It's all anyone's been talking about, and it's all that's been playing on these stupid channels."

Gil's mouth made an O shape as the realization hit him. "Oh, so you're hiding in here because you don't want to go out there?"

"Yes, Gil, I am."

"But don't you want to go see who got picked?"

The Hook boy scoffed at that, "It won't be us."