hanging out

"You literally told me you'd try to get over her and the next day you're already going back?? This is nonsense Lauren, you need to get your shit together!" Normani raises her voice as Lauren looks down like a child. "Do you even realize what you're doing? The shit you could put yourself into?!"

"I know, Mani! I know. But I can't help it."

"The fuck you mean, you can't help it? You're a grown woman, you need to get your fucking act together because I ain't visiting you when you end up in jail."

"I just think that you should trust me."

"Trust you on what?"

"This isn't just a random crush. You know me, if it were, I'd be over her already. There's something about her that makes me go back to her and I don't know what it is but I know that there's nothing I can do about it."

"You're in deep shit if you're thinking what I'm thinking."

"I could just give it a try! What do I have to lose?"

"I don't know, your job??"

Lauren sighs loudly, putting her hands on her forehead.

"I want you to trust me on that one." The brunette says. "I know it can work out."

"Okay." Normani gives in. "Do whatever you want. Your life, your choices. But just so you know, when you end up in jail, I ain't gonna be the one to visit you. Maybe Alma will, but I won't."

Lauren chuckles and rolls her eyes.

"Yes you will. You can't get enough of me, you love me!"

-

"Jordan! Here you go, you did a very good job but I expected better! Keep up the good work." Lauren says, giving the young girl her paper and reading the next name as she walks through the class. "Alma. Very good job, but I think you went a little too fast. Same here, keep up the good job, but maybe with a little more concentration."

She flashes the blonde girl a smile, and finishes giving them their tests back and then she goes back to her desk to continue her lesson.

Legs hanging from her desk, she looks over the class who's doing their exercises silently. Her eyes fall on Alma, and surprisingly, they fall right into her eyes.

The younger girl grins, and looks down at her notebook. Lauren gets up and turns around to sit behind her desk, hiding her slightly pink cheeks.

She knows this is wrong. This is so wrong, but Alma seems to be getting into it and it makes it so much worse and so much better at the same time.

Lauren is confused, but she likes the confusion she's feeling. She doesn't know where it's coming from, maybe it's because it's Friday and she's hella tired from her week, but she feels weirdly confident.

When the bell rings, she doesn't need to say anything, her students are already packing their stuff.

"Bye guys, have a great weekend." She says, watching everyone leave, and her eyes fall on Alma, who's still packing up.

They lock eyes for a second and Alma smirks, and puts her backpack on one shoulder. She then softly puts her clenched fist on Lauren's desk, unclenching it slowly.

"See you on Monday." She almost whispers, then turns around and leave the room, leaving her teacher a bit flustered.

It only comes to her attention when the door is closed.

There's a little paper hanging out on Lauren's desk, which she doesn't recall putting there. So she takes it, and she undoes it to reveal a phone number.