Chapter 40

The next day I'm sitting with Ambassador Ahmadi in his office, as we discuss the proposition the King made to us. The Ambassador is extremely glad for the offer to help us. Me. I'm always cautious, even if it's from Jahní's Father. "Captain, is this not what we were hoping for? That they would share their technology with us."

"Yes, DAMN IT!" He sits There shaking his head at me. "Ambassador, I understand that we can't just turn our backs on this, but we need to tread carefully here." History is always at the forefront of my mind, especially when a more advanced society meets one not as advanced, and what usually happens. "We don't want to become an endangered species ether, or lose our identity."

"I know and comprehend you point Captain, however I must insist in the interest of the U.E.A." He's right of course, but I have to tread carefully, so we are not lost in the process. Nothing is so simple; I remember what my Father always said, 'Never believe it if it's for free, because there's always a cost.' I rub my chin. Damn, we need the help to get the Helios back up and operational.

"alright Ambassador, lets get this started and my God be with us."

He smiles at me. "God be praised. He will guide us of that I'm sure, now we will be able to move to and fro at a moments notice." I hope this is the right call, because they will have access to sensitive info. Well, the future of Earth hangs in the balance now more than ever.

"Ambassador, as much as I want show total trust, I can't because the safety of this crew is my responsibility. So, that being said security will be tight and round the clock." That's the only way I can feel comfortable having the members of another race, poking around the Helios.

"Very well Captain, I will pass the message along that we accept the help, with the restrictions you have just made." I nod in agreement. "So, how is the Princess carrying on with her condition?"

I look at Ahmadi and frown. I forgot that he was there that terrible day. I still haven't forgiven the King for that beating Jahní received at his orders. "She's fine Ambassador."

He smiles warmly. "Please give her my regards and well wishes."

"I will Ambassador, thank you." I look at my watch. "I must be on my way, but we will be in contact constantly." I extend my hand and we shake.

I stop at the door of our room in the secret passageway I unlock it and step in, but jahní is not here yet since I'm a little early. I put the bag down I brought with me, pulling out the candle setting it on the small table there. I light it and it warmly illuminates the the room, as I set down a couple of small plates and serve the food I had prepped, by my friend the cook in the Embassy.

I then set two glasses, which I brought from Earth and pour some grape juice. No alcohol for Jahní and I don't drink. I look out of the window and see the sun setting. I have so many different memories in my head, of sun sets and moon rises that I close my eyes. Just then the door opens and Jahní steps in and we look at each other. She then studies the table, while walking up to me putting her arms around my neck.

"You've been a bit busy I see." I look into her eyes knowing she is mine body and soul and no one else's; I will not share her ever with anyone.

"It's for us, for you. It's been four months since we first met." She looks down for  a second then back at me. I love you my dearest Jahní. She stares at me in utter surprise, I'm confused at her reaction. "What's wrong?"

"I... Heard you." I laugh a little since I'm sure she did. "Your... thoughts I heard them in my mind." My Smile fades as her statement pierced my head.

"Wait, you heard my thoughts?" How did that happen? She's not even connected with my mind, if thats what you call it.

She searches my eyes to see if it was just a fluke. "Can you do it again?"