Chapter 6

"Anna!" Cedric burst into the living room. "This is it, it's happening!"

Anna looked at him from her spot on the couch, the book And Then There Were None in her lap. "Cedric slow down. What's happening?"

"The final battle! Everyone is making a stand at Hogwarts, Harry's there!"

Harry? So this was it, the final stand. This battle would decide the fate of the wizarding world. Anna jumped off of the couch, snatching up her wand, and then she and Cedric were off to help their friends.

Ginny was the first one to approach Anna, and the two girls embraced after not having seen each other in so long. Ginny's gaze went down to the sparkling ring on Anna's finger. "You and Cedric..."

"Yeah." Anna smiled brightly.

"Congratulations Miss Potter." McGonagall walked up to her, a smile on her face. "I had a feeling about you and Mr. Diggory ever since I saw the two of you at the Yule Ball."

Then, Anna saw her brother in the distance. "HARRY!!" She shouted, and Harry turned to her as she ran to him, basically tackling him in a hug. Harry's arms wrapped tightly around her. "You shouldn't be here." He said. "It's too dangerous, you shouldn't have come."

"Harry James Potter, if you think for even a moment that I'm going to just leave, than you're a bloody idiot. I'm as invested in this as you are."

Harry looked down at the ring that was on her finger. "Now I'm really wishing that you hadn't come; you have your whole life ahead of you-"

"And you don't? Harry, I'm not letting you fight this battle alone." The tone of her voice said that the decision was final, and her eyes dared for him to argue with her. Harry, of course, knew better than to argue with her, and he wisely decided to keep his mouth shut.

Anna grinned and kissed his cheek. "Now, I think it's time that we kick some Death Eater ass."

When the fighting actually began, the first Death Eater that Anna encountered was Dolohov, it was almost like he had sought her out. But it wouldn't surprise her if he did seek her out, the rumor was that he had been in an affair with Kate.

"How the hell have you survived this long?" He said as he shot a spell at her. "I thought that the curse that was on that vase would have gotten you for sure."

Anna just barely managed to deflect the spell. "Funny, Kate told me the same exact thing."

"How dare you say her name!" He snarled. "Your filthy blood traitor lips shouldn't be uttering her name!" It would seem that the rumors were true then. "You're going to pay you little bitch-" He was cut off as he was blasted back.

"I would prefer it if you didn't talk to my goddaughter that way." Remus said coldly. He then looked at Anna. "I know that I can't keep you from fighting, but please, don't be in the major battle areas."

"Remus-"

"Please, I can't lose you."

Anna sighed in defeat. "Fine, I promise."

"Good, now-"

"Anna!!" Cedric shouted. "Look out!"

Remus saw the spell coming before Anna did, and in a flash, he jumped in front of her, the jet of green light hitting him square in the chest. Anna screamed as Remus fell to the ground, eyes wide and unblinking.

"Anna, get out of here!" Cedric shouted as he shot a spell at Dolohov. "NOW!"

Tears poured down Anna's face as she looked down at Remus' lifeless body one last time before stumbling away. Everything was happening in a blur; Anna wasn't really taking anything in, every face looked like Remus'. Remus, who had helped her so much with her furry little problem. Remus, who didn't hesitate for even a second to put her life before his own, and had paid the ultimate price.

Anna vaguely heard someone calling her name, someone shaking her shoulders. Slowly she looked up into the grey eyes of Sirius. "Remus..." She choked out, and immediately Sirius' eyes filled with pain and sorrow. "No..."

"Dolohov killed him, the curse was supposed to hit me, but Remus stepped in front of me."

"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch." Sirius ran off before Anna could stop him.

"Aw, it's the itsy bitsy Potter." Bellatrix Lestrange shot a spell that caused Anna to fly back against a wall. "You know..." Bellatrix smirked as ropes appeared around Anna, binding her tightly. "I always thought that you were an annoying little bitch, even when you were in our ranks."

"What are you waiting for?" Anna snapped at her. "If you're going to kill me, than just do it already!"

"Oh, but that's what you're wanting right now isn't it? You want the sweet release of death because the fate of your godfather is just too much for your tender little heart to handle. Oh, I'm going to kill you, don't you worry about that, but not before I make you feel extreme pain. Crucio!"

Anna screamed, the tears rolling down her face were now tears of pain. Bellatrix shot the spell over and over again, the feeling of thousands of knives piercing her body hitting Anna again and again until she was screaming, begging for Bellatrix to kill her. She wanted it to be over, she didn't want to feel any more pain, any more suffering, she just wanted it all to end.

And end it did, but not in the way that she had been expecting. Blaise Zabini blew Bellatrix to the side, temporarily stunning the Death Eater. After getting Anna out of the ropes, he helped her to stand up. "It's about time you came out of that coma of yours, Potter."

"Blaise..." Anna gasped, trying to comprehend what had just happened. "What...how did you..."

"That doesn't matter right now. All that matters is that you stay safe. If something were to happen to you- watch out!"

Blaise pushed Anna to the floor as a piece of the wall came crumbling down, and Anna hit her head hard, slipping into oblivion.

Anna must have been out for hours, because when she had finally woken up, all was silent, the fighting was over. They had won, Voldemort had been vanquished, but what a price to pay for it. Anna stood up, she could feel blood caked on her head from where she had hit it. She could hear people crying, sobbing over those who had been lost. How many people had died here today? How many people had followed Remus into the abyss?

"Anna!!" Harry ran up to her, hugging her tightly. "Thank God, we couldn't find you, we were starting to think that..." He shook his head, instead only hugging her more tightly. He pulled away after a few moments, noticing the blood on her head. "What happened?"

"Um...Bellatrix, she was torturing me, Blaise..." Her eyes widened. "Blaise! Is he alright? The wall-"

"He's fine." Harry assured her. "But Anna, you should know...we lost a lot of people tonight. We lost..." His voice caught in his throat. "Just come on." He had her follow him into the Great Hall, where the bodies of the deceased lay. Anna spotted Remus right away, and lying next to him....

"No..." Anna whispered. "no, not him too..." Sirius was laying beside Remus. Anna fell to the ground, her anguished cries joining the cries of so many others. She looked around the room, seeing so many people that she knew, dead. Tonks and Charlie, their cold, limp hands clasped together. All Anna could think of was the baby, he would grow up without either of his parents in his life. Fred...Anna's cries grew louder with each person that she saw. This pain that she was feeling, it was the worst feeling in the world, worse than a thousand Cruciatus Curses. "Where's Cedric?"

Harry bit his lip. "Anna-"

"Where is he?!" Anna stood up, going from body to body. She had just begun to start hoping that maybe he was alright, maybe he had survived. Then, she screamed loudly. Cedric's eyes, void of any sign of life, were staring up at her. Anna's body went into a state of shock, and she once more sank into darkness.