- 1 9 5 - NINETEEN YEARS LATER

THE TRAIN WHISTLE WAS ALL TOO FAMILIAR TO THE MERMAID AS SHE WALKED THROUGH THE BARRIER THAT SEPARATED PLATFORM NINE AND TEN

THE TRAIN WHISTLE WAS ALL TOO FAMILIAR TO THE MERMAID AS SHE WALKED THROUGH THE BARRIER THAT SEPARATED PLATFORM NINE AND TEN. Three quarters had always been an odd number in her opinion because she never understood its importance when she was young; now, she understood the number was only odd because it was never said when one counts normally. That's what made it special--its oddity.

Lorelei was an oddity when she was eleven-years-old.

She had no idea about anything in the magical world, nevertheless how to board the Hogwarts Express. With only a few helpful words from Molly and Arthur and encouraging nods from Charlie, Fred, and George, Lorelei managed to overcome the anxiety she felt about running through a wall to get to a train.

In year three, she met a boy who had the same anxiety; though he may have been the same with wizard blood running in his veins, he came from a different world than Lorelei. Harry Potter was an oddity, too. The Boy Who Lived. The Chosen One. Or as Lorelei had been saying recently: A big pain in her arse.

"Where is that bloody twat?" Lorelei growled out, her eyes changing colors from blue to black quickly.

"Mum!" A young boy called out with a laugh, his hand tightening around hers. She turned to face him, his wild ebony, curly hair all over the place as he stared at her with his brown eyes. "I'm sure Uncle Harry's here somewhere."

Well, at least her children knew to whom she was referring.

George snorted from next to her, his own hand wrapped around a little girl's smaller one. The small girl also shared the Black gene of wild, unruly ebony hair. Her eyes, however, were blue like her Mum's. She was a spitting image of Lorelei. "Embry, you know your Mummy doesn't like to be called out when she goes into 'beast mode.'"

"George, you better shut it!" Lorelei threatened, eyes scanning ahead where another one of her children walked ahead to familiar faces. "At least Cedric knows where he's going. There's Ron and Hermione." Suddenly, the little girl holding hands with George took off, grabbing Embry's hand to pull him from their mother. Both trunks were loud, alerting every witch, wizard, and muggle that the twins were on their way. "Edith! Embry! Don't run... oh, why do I bother?"

Ophelia walked hand-in-hand with Teddy as the pair finally caught up to their parents. "We'll never know, Mum," Ophelia teased, blue eyes twinkling in mischief like her father. "Teddy and I are going to find Uncle Fred. You know how he gets lost."

George grinned, taking Lorelei's now empty hand. "Go for it, Lia." He looked to his stressed wife. "All right, sweetheart?"

Lorelei and George did end up moving into Remus's old cottage after their wedding night. Of course, as their family grew, the house grew with them. Lorelei had no intention of living anywhere else due to the strong love she still felt for Remus. In the nineteen years that had passed, Lorelei and George had four children total. Ophelia, obviously being the first, was the least trouble, in Lorelei's opinion. She liked to believe it was because of the war, and the fact that every waking moment Ophelia was with her mother, but in reality, Lia was just a good child. She did have the mermaid gene.