Chapter 4: Battle Of 2 Peerages

Thou does not simply fuck with the man dubbed as death, he will fucking kill you even if you're immortal!!!

Fun fact 1:
This story was originally going to be a lot different. It was supposed to be that the MC was given King Hassan as a sacred gear but I didn't really know how to make him be able to unleash it (Not that my half assed cannon way was any better). I also had planned that he would be apart of Sirzechs peerage but ultimately didn't want him to be apart of any peerage.

Fun fact 2:
While I always planned to have Grayfia as the star of this book, I almost made this a harem book and added MILF Fox Yokai from season 4 into the mix. Even Serafall almost made it but decided to keep it a single lady story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't seem to remember how long it has been.. my face has definitely lost all traces of my former life. I simply stood at the edge of the world as I look over it. For me, it's been over 2000 years of solitude. In the real world, it may have just been a few days. I look back down as I see Grayfia looking at some old pictures.

Y/n: "Many beautiful memories. Was accepting this a mistake?"

Perhaps it was best to have just died I ask myself.. but the world needed someone to protect it. This was more than just about me. Mr first Hassan needed to rest and I was the one he saw fit. I must stay strong and continue on my quest to protect the world.. for her.

Y/n: "Grayfia"

I find myself in the underworld. Was it just the mentioning of her name? Whatever the reason, she couldn't sense my presence due to my Presence Concealment being so strong. I simply stood behind her as I could hear her light sobs. I wanted to tap on her shoulder. I wanted to tell her I was alive, tell her how much I love her.. but I couldn't.

Y/n: "She would not like to see me the way I am"

I was nothing more than a large man with a skull for a face. My eyes were mere small flames since my eyes had dried out and died. I was truly just a ghost.

Grayfia: "Y/n"

My head moves up a little as I hear what she has to say.

Grayfia: "I'm so sorry *sob* I'm so sorry I couldn't save you"

I look over to her as my hand slowly reaches out to her. It nearly lands on her shoulder but I retract it. There's no way she would recognize me. She'd be devistated to see what I had become once she notice that it was me.

Y/n: "She wouldn't love a monster"

Grayfia quickly turns around to see nobody behind her. She quickly puts the pictures in the drawer before the door opens up.

Sirzechs: "Grayfia? Are you-"

Grayfia: "I'm fine"

She wipes the tears from her eyes as she stands up from the chair.

Grayfia: "I'm just going to go wor-"

Sirzechs: "Hey, listen. Stop"

He grabs her by the wrist so she can face him.

Sirzechs: ".. I miss him too. It's been a tough couple of years without him.. We have to move on though"

Grayfia: "It's tough. I try but I could never forgive myself for just leaving him alone"

Sirzechs: "You did none of that. It was I who accepted his order to go into battle alone. I told him about Rizevim. His death is on me and me alone. You are not to blame for what happened to Y/n.. I killed my best friend"