Nerves

Oh my Rao. I am so nervous. I can't believe it's happening today and the only person I want to talk to I can't! I want to go right to Lena so she can help calm my nerves. She always knows how to do it. The way she touches my arm and looks in my eyes is the one thing that can calm me down and today I can't get that.

"ALEXXXX!" I need my sister to try and help me because I have no idea what to do. I keep pacing, well I've actually paced so much that their is now a track line in my living room. Great. Now I need to buy a new rug.

"Kara! What!" My sister says as she comes over in a hurry. "Is everything okay? Did something happen?"

"I am so nervous right now. I can't stop watching the clock. Time is going so slow and I just want to call Lena. Make sure she is okay be-"

Alex interrupts me with, "Kara. She is okay. Dont worry about her right now. She will be fine and you will see her later on today! Just give it another 4 hours and it will time."

I sigh as she grabs my shoulders and brings me in for a hug.

"Okay Kara. Turn around let me help you with that zipper." She pushes my shoulders and I let her spin me around so she can zip me up.

"Alex, when is Kelly gonna be over. She's supposed to help me."

"She will be here any minute. I was just on the phone with her before you screamed for me. She was just parking her car. Why don't I get us some wine, okay?"

"Alex you know that doesn't do anyth-"

"Kara, the wine is for me. I want the wine. I need the wine."

"Okay. I'll have a glass too I guess. Maybe the thought of getting drunk will get me a little tipsy."

*knock knock*

"Hi everyone! How are you two doing?" Kelly says as she let's herself in and drops her coat and bag on the kitchen table.

"Hi baby!" Alex walks over and gives Kelly a kiss.

"Ok guys. Quit it. Now isn't the time. Kelly come help me! I dont know where to start with this crap!" I say as I dump out a bag with makeup and hair products.

"Kara just sit down and show me the photos I wanted you to get and let's do this."

I show her some golden looking smoky eye photos. And we talk about hair-dos. After 2 hour Kelly is finally done so I get up and look in the mirror.

"Perfect. I love it!" I yipped as I turn and hug Kelly.

"Okay Kryptonian. Let's get going." Alex says right after downing the last of her wine.

We all grab our things and head out to the vehicle where we head over to the Krypton museum.

As we get closer I get more anxious and I start to fiddle with my fingers and poke at my hair.

"You better stop that right now. If you poke it once more I'm gonna chop off that finger. I spent too much time on it!" Kelly says as she slaps my hand.

"Fine! Okay!" I puff, as I put my hands in my lap and continue to fiddle with my fingers.

After an hour of traffic we finally get there and Alex leads me to the backroom where she sits me down.

"Okay this is the last moment. We can run right now and get a new game plan or we commit right now Kara." Alex says as she sits down in front of me. Legs spread and she puts her elbows on her knees.

"Alex. The thought of running never crossed my mind. I want to do this more than anything in the world! I'm just so nervous!" I say with a smile and Alex reaches out and squeezes my hand. "Is Eliza and J'onn here yet? Can you send them here if they are?" I ask.

"Of course. Let me go check."

30 minutes later Eliza and J'onn come back.

"Kara! You look absolutely stunning!" Eliza says as she embrasses me.

"Thank you Eliza. Was the drive from Midvale good?"

"Always sweetheart. As long as I'm seeing you and Alex, it's always good." Eliza says as she kisses me on the forehead. Then we chatted for a little before she left back out the door.

"J'onn. Thank you so so much for doing this. You don't know how much this means to me!" I say while I come in for a hug.

While hugging me J'onn says, "The pleasure is mine, Kara. I'm glad you asked me. But we should be on our way right now."

"Okay," I say while grabbing his arm and following him down the way.

We finally arrive at the door. J'onn knocks on the door and my heart skips a beat as we open the doors. Everyone is looking at us as we walk down to the front.

There she is. My Lena. Wearing a stunning black trumpet style dress. She looks at me with that look and I instantly feel calm again. I let go of J'onn's arm and stand by her.

"Today we are gathered here in Holy Matrimony. To join together the hearts of Lena Luthor and Kara Danvers."

"Lena, I knew from the moment I saw you that you were going to be my home. Sure we had to come over some hurdles, but it made us stronger together. When I told you my biggest secret, that was the biggest hurdle."

As I say that everyone in my family and Lena giggle a little as they remember the incident with myriad.

"But in the end, we came back together. When I knew we were friends again I also knew I couldn't let us just be friends, because let's be serious here," I look at everyone with a sarcastic tone, "Our flirting was out of this world." Lena blushes and everyone smiles.

"So when you said yes to being my girlfriend I knew that I was one day going to ask you to marry me. But we both know how that ended. You and I, at the DEO, just after we saved the world again, you looked at me and said, 'if this is going to keep on happening, you better be my wife before the next apocalypse happens.' And pulled out a ring got down on one knee and asked me to marry you!

Now we are here today. And I vow to you, I will always be here for you. No matter what. I will always be the person you can count on when the day is through. I vow to always be truthful to you. And I vow to love you no matter what happens to us in this life."

As I finish and look away from Lena's teary eyes I can see Alex sobbing with Kelly holding her and Kelly mouths 'look at this softy'. And I giggle a little.

"Kara you are so amazing. I love you. I know we had our rough patches but you were always there with your puppy dog eyes and potstickers to cheer me up when everything else in my life was hell.

Even when I was mad at you, I still loved you.

I carried around that ring for sometime before I even asked you. I knew in that moment it was time. Time to commit to you because you are always someone I can count on. Your family was there for me when mine wasn't. So not only am I gaining the love of my life, I'm gaining a family too. You are pure and amazing, Kara.

I promise to always make you laugh when you are down. I promise to always tell you the truth and never keep things from you. I will love you for ever and always.

No matter how many times we almost die, because only God knows when that trend will end, I will always be the first person you see when your eyes open. I will love you in sickness and in health for as long as we are alive."

When Lena finishes speaking I have already cried so many happy tears that I was almost sure half my makeup was gone. And Lena reaches up and wipes the tears from my eyes and let's her hand linger for just a little on my cheek.

"With the finishing of the vows I ask. Kara, do you take this woman, Lena Luthor, to be your wife?"

"I do."

"Lena do you take this woman, Kara Danvers, to be your wife?"

"Of course I do."

"By the power vested in me, you may kiss your bride!"

As soon as this was was finished, while the echo was still in our ears Lena and I had already leaned in and kissed each other. Rao, was that kiss good. The best kiss I've ever had.