Chapter 183

Throughout the months that passed, the Order members were more cautious than ever before, after the deaths of Dorcas Meadowes, Fabian, and Gideon.

      All they knew was that Dumbledore had received a warning from a mysterious source, but the deaths of those three members had occurred before he could reach out to them and warn them.

       But now, everyone from the Order had gone into hiding and they tried not to hold any more meetings for the time being, communicating through Patronuses if necessary.

The hours alone in his house felt like torture to Sirius. He would sit around in the quiet living room for hours on end, staring into the fireplace with Jenna's ring held firmly in his hand.

Not a second went by without him constantly worrying about her, picturing where she could've been right now or what she was doing.

He didn't even know whether she was still alive or not, but he tried his best to put that thought as away from his head as possible. Because the mere thought of the love of his life being hurt made him want to throw any glass he was holding and break it, which had now become a new habit of his.

But Jenna's state was just as bad, if not worse.

Miles and miles away from home, Jenna was still in the form of Alecto Carrow, going from town to town with the Death Eaters, forced to watch them kill and torture innocent people for the sake of her mission.

The only times she felt a little connected to her old self were at nights, when she would cast countless protection enchantments around her room to prevent anyone from bursting in, and transformed back to her own self.

She would sit before the old and slightly cracked mirror in her room, staring back at her reflection for hours, trying to hold on to her every memory with the people she loved, because that was the only thing which was keeping her sane and going.

She tried to remember all her old days with her twin brother as a child, as her and James ran around the house causing trouble and planning their next mischief. Whenever their home had been quiet for longer than usual, Fleamont and Euphemia Potter used to assume that it was just the silence before the storm and were sure that somewhere around the house was probably going to explode any moment.

Jenna could clearly remember the day her and James had gotten their Hogwarts letter when they were eleven. And even though their parents were sure that their kids would make it, Mr. Potter almost set the couch on fire from happiness.

She missed her parents more than anything in the world and she talked to them at nights, as if they were present in the room with her. She had a feeling that they never truly left her.

Jenna even smiled at the memory of her first time on Hogwarts Express, where she had met Sirius on the train, remembering how her and James had yelled at him when Sirius had smoothly kissed her hand, even though he was just eleven years old.

Jenna knew that her first encounter with Lily and Marlene hadn't been the best, but their friendship had grown through time, making it even more special to her.

She had met Lily on the train along with Snape, although Lily took offense and stormed out of their compartment after Sirius and James had made fun of Snape. Jenna'd also had a fight with Marlene on her first night at Hogwarts as well, over who was going to get the better bed in the dorm.

Although, Jenna knew that the reason they all turned out to be friends in the end was Alice, who was so kind and gentle with them all that she slowly managed to make the other three forgive one another and make a friendship none of them would forget; from the nights Lily made them all stay up late to study, to the times they stayed awake having pillow fights which were all started by Marlene.

Jenna had no idea what was going on with Lily, Marlene, and Alice at the moment. But she was sure that at least they weren't hurt, because she would've surely heard of it in the meetings the Death Eaters had at their headquarters in the Malfoy Manor.

But the one thing that kept Jenna going in moments of despair, was Sirius.

      She thought of him every minute of everyday, reminding herself that once all this was over, she could go back to him and maybe get married and have kids, just as Sirius wanted. They could start a new life.

Jenna missed the way he used to put a strand of her hair behind her ear as he looked into her eyes, or how he would place both hands on either side of her cheeks to kiss her.

She missed the way he used to held her at nights, always sleeping on her side of the bed and wrapping an arm around her, as if to tell her he was there for her even when she was asleep.

The truth was, now that she didn't have Sirius laying next to her, Jenna's night terrors had started again, as she shot awake every single night, screaming. It was a good point that her enchantment were working, preventing Amycus from hearing her or being able to come into her room.

But each morning when Jenna woke up, she would put all those thoughts behind her and turn herself back to Alecto Carrow, leaving the room and living her life as a Death Eater.

In fact, despite all that she had been through, Jenna had managed to get many information on what Voldemort was planning to do, which was going to help them once she returned from the mission and told Dumbledore all about them.

That day, there was a gathering at the Malfoy Manor, in which a few of the Death Eaters had arrived, drinking their way through the night as they boasted about the number of Muggles they had killed or discussed different ways of getting to the Order members.

"They've all gone into hiding," said Dolohov, taking a generous sip of his Fire Whiskey as they sat before the cracking fire. "It's as if someone has warned them."

"But how could they have been warned?" said Jenna, trying to blend in with the Death Eaters cunningly. "The only people who knew of the Dark Lord's plans were those of us inside his inner circle. And how dare you underestimate the Dark Lord's powers? You think a powerful wizard such as him, who's the most skilled at Legilimency, wouldn't know a spy if he saw one?"

Dolohov gaped at her furiously. "I — I didn't —"

But his words were cut short when the doors to the enormous hall burst open and Travers walked inside, his black cloak gliding behind him as he bore a smug expression upon his face.

"What's got you all giddy?" Lucius Malfoy asked from his black leather armchair before the fireplace as he glanced at Travers from over his new paper.

"I've got good news," said Travers, sitting at one of the empty chairs.

"Well, this better be worth our while," said Lucius coldly.

"Oh, but it is. The Dark Lord would certainly be happy at what we did tonight." Travers smirked. "They weren't an easy lot to be found, those McKinnons."