Chapter 1

Hateful Desire

Holy Shit:  I have re read my first couple chapters from months ago -- cringe.

The first 20 chapters are important for the rest of the story. I will most likely go back at some point and rewrite the beginning so it is less...cringe.

I do want to give some trigger warnings for later in the story: There are elements that may be hard for some readers to read. It becomes very dark and if you are uncomfortable with elements that parallel to one such as in Manacled- then I do not think this fic is for you.

Otherwise, please enjoy!

BOOK COVER BY: ceresartsy on tumblr

Olivia Lancing:

Jacqi Venè - although I have been using Lily Rose Depp and India Eisley for edits as well (It's whatever your personal preference is while you read!)

Year 5

As I walk into the Great Hall after another summer away I feel peace come to my mind. I head towards my fellow Gryffindors and smile as I see my best friend Dean Thomas runs toward me. I hit his body as he wraps his arms around me in an embrace.

"Olivia! I have missed you!" Dean says while hugging me.

"I missed you too! How was your summer?" I say pulling away from him.

"It was good, sorry I didn't write much. I was busy trying to catch up on some new potion spells. I want to be top of the class this year!" Dean says smiling.

"Well good luck beating Hermione." I say laughing.

Dean and I start walking towards Neville and Lavender sitting at the Gryffindor table. We all discuss our summers and catch up on what we have been up to for the past couple months. We all agree that we are happy to be back.

Professor Dumbledore welcomes everyone back and introduces us to our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, Dolores Umbridge.

"Do you suspect she likes the color pink?" Dean whispers to me as I laugh back at him.

As Professor Umbridge awkwardly tries to introduce herself, my fellow classmates and I start giggling to each other about just how ridiculous she seems.

As I exit the Great Hall to head to the Gryffindor common room I run into Luna.

"Luna! How are you? How was your summer? Do anything fun?" I ask in excitement.

"Hi Liv! Lots of questions, let me think... I'm doing good, not too eventful, and a couple things but mainly just lots of thinking." She says with a genuine smile.