Chapter 28

Daniel's pov

Two months, it had been two months since everything that had taken place between me and layla. I did my best to avoid her, not for me but for her.

I even stopped visiting our non profit organisation and asked my mom to go there with my assistant. I wanted to see her every single day but I knew she will not be.

I drowned myself in work, literally. I would go to my office very early in the morning and leave late at night. If we ran into each other it would have been awkward.

One day I was coming late into my apartment. I was in my elevator scrolling through my phone when I heard screams on my phone. Not just any, layla's screams!

I hurried out of the elevator to see that she was trying to force some man out of her apartment and screaming, 'Leave, NOW!'

I rushed towards them and pulled that man away from layla. I punched him hard and he fell down.

'She is asking you to leave.' I told him standing between him and layla and blocking layla from his line of vision. He couldn't be an ex boyfriend. He looked quite old. Around my dad's age or so.

'I want to talk to talk with her.' He spit out his words. 'I don't care. She is asking you to leave and you will.' I said in my most serious voice. 'I am asking you respectfully or I can have security escort you out and put you in the jail.' I said threatening him. That man left quietly but not before giving layla a threatening look.

'Are you okay?' I asked looking towards layla. She nodded looking a bit terrified. 'I am going to fire my security and hire new one.' I told and started walking towards my door. 'This man should have not been allowed to even enter the building.' I said angrily. How dare he trouble layla?

'No don't fire them!' Layla said and I turned around confused. 'What?' I asked her.

'I.......... I know him.' Layla replied in a sad voice. 'Layla?' I asked her.

Standing in front of me layla burst into tears.

Author's note: sorry for the late update. Been kinda busy lately but will try to update as regularly as possible.

Lots of love
Author.