C H A P T E R 20

What's your reading mode? Scrolling or paging?
- myztically

° ° °

"To what do I owe the pleasure of having you here, my dearest granddaughter?"

Lalisa gave her grandpa a peck on the cheek. "It's been two weeks since I came back. I figured that I should finally go and visit you here in your precious mansion. You know, just to check up if you're still alive."

"Alive and kicking, my darling." Grandpa Dom replied with a grin.

Lisa can't help but to shook her head after seeing Grandpa Dom's grin. "I won't stay here for long. I just need to talk to you about something."

"That doesn't surprise me anymore, actually. Normally, grandchildren would only go to their grandparents when they need something."

She exhaled impatiently. "I don't have time for this, grandpa."

Grandpa Dom immediately gestured his hand inside to his mansion. "Please, do come in. Let's continue this conversation at the garden and have some tea."

That being said, the two went to the garden to have a cup of tea.

"Actually, I thought you weren't planning on coming back." Grandpa Dom opened up as he put sugar cubes on his tea.

Lisa slightly shook her head with a stilled gaze. "If only that's possible."

"My dear, with all the things that I have seen and encountered," Grandpa Dom paused. "believe me, anything is possible."

"Even if I didn't come back, I'm pretty sure that you'll send out every man around the world to come and find me." she stated before taking a sip from her tea.

"How would you know if I didn't?" he asked.

"Because if you did, I would've been already found five years ago the moment I left."

Grandpa Dom smirked. "Clever girl."

"It wasn't that hard to solve, really." she exclaimed. "You're more powerful than my father when it comes to connections. Meaning, you could easily order some people to find my location in a snap of your fingers. It won't even take you a month or weeks to find me. Because you can find me within a day. But surprisingly no one has ever found me for the past five years." she squinted her eyes at him. "You wanted me to not get caught."

Her grandfather shrugged. "I just want my granddaughter to have freedom."

"From your own son?" she asked with one eyebrow raised. "You do know that he's been desperately trying to find me for the past five years, right?"

"Duho should've already expected that to happen," he said before nibbling on his tea. "Because if I were him, I would. You have four very protective brothers for Goddamn's sake. What does he take them for?"

Lisa shrugged. Fair point.

"Speaking of brothers," she crossed her legs and leaned back on her chair. "when are you going to tell me that you arranged one of them to the Kim's heiress?"

Grandpa Dom stilled for a second.

"I caught you off guard, didn't I?" she narrowed her gaze at him. "I need a reasonable explanation as to why should I agree to it."

"And why should I? I'm your grandfather."

She grinned. "And I'm your granddaughter who's going to marry the Jeon's heir. Meaning, I decide whether or not our families gets to unite. I mean, who knows?" she shrugged. "Maybe I'll give myself to Kang and marry his heir instead. After all, this family has cost me nothing but trouble."