34: Red vs Blue

I was waiting for Ridge or any other member from my team to show up and end my misery

It has been an hour since the driver dropped me here and told me to wait for my team member but no one had shown up. I had been checking up my phone but as expected there was no service here, the only thing I had with me was the walkie talkie they had given me. But, it hasn't been used once.

When I was about to give up and jog down the hill I heard some noise. The noise of twigs breaking, something shuffling in the bushes. I got excited and wasn't disappointed when Ridge came in my line of sight, running at his full speed, with his hand extended. I stood up straight at my mark and extended my hand for Ridge.

He had the biggest smile on his face as he approached me. He shouted from a distance, "We're in the lead, you're the last person, Go! Go! Go!"

I ran as soon as his hand touched mine and he handed me a red handkerchief. I ran up the hill where the arrow was, as if my life depended on it.

I ran and ran. We were in the lead, that means now the entire race depends only on me. I was the fifth and the last person, that means I would be blamed if we lose.

Oh God! I am known for not working well under pressure.

But, not this time. I have to do this, for everyone, for myself. I ran with the trail of arrows and finally I could see something like a crawling obstacle course in front of me. Correction, there were two.

I saw a red flag and a blue one on both the obstacle courses and I ran towards the red one. No one else was here so, I quickly dived in the obstacle and started to crawl. My elbows and knees started to hurt but I didn't care. I crawled and stopped to take a few breathes only when I could see the opening. God! I'm so thirsty.

"Jesus! Ashley, slow down, will you?" The voice came from my neighbouring net.

Great! It's the king of lotions.

On second thought, Great! His sensitive ass skin would make it easier for me to win.

I started to crawl faster than before and Derek whined, "Hey! You know I've sensitive skin, go easy on me."

I didn't reply, it would only waste my energy. The energy I could use to be one step ahead of him. I crawled my way out and stood up to look for further instructions. I could see an arrow leading to the steep hilltop. I wasted no time and ran towards it and stopped where I could see two ropes, one with a red knot in the end and the other with blue.

I grabbed the red one and started to climb the rope and that's where it all went downhill for me. I couldn't climb for shit!