63. This Is It!

A/N Okay, this is double length as a) it's last one and b) I had to do it justice and c) I didn't want to split it into two parts. I hope you've enjoyed these short and (mostly) fluffy Drarry et al moments. This has been a fun journey, if not challenging to keep it going, especially over the last few weeks as the summer holidays have ended, but this is the perfect place to finish, although slightly bitter-sweet at times. Thank you for sticking with me, I've loved seeing regular names in my notifications each day showing votes and comments. Thank you to those who have made suggestions too. xx

(2000 words)

This is it!

Harry smiled at Teddy, his heart swelling with fondness as the young boy tugged on his hand.

'Time to go, Harry.'

Judging from the beam across his young face, Teddy was as excited as Harry.

This is it! Who would have believed it, after so many years from when they first met in Madame Malkins? All building towards this moment...

Mione brushed away a non-existent piece of lint from his shoulder.

'You look amazing,' she whispered. She'd cried the moment she'd seen him in his dress-robes.

'You do too.' He admired, once more, her long emerald-green dress that fell in flattering lines to the floor.

'You should be wearing a tie,' she complained as she straightened his open collar.

'Dray didn't want me to,' he muttered.

'Still...'

They smiled, for who were they to argue with Draco once he'd set his heart on what Harry should wear. Dray had designed the whole affair down to the last detail. Harry's long ivory brocade dress-coat had emerald-green detailing which matched the bridesmaids' dresses.

'I can't help it that I happen to like the colour of your eyes,' Draco had said.

'Then I expect smoky-grey too,' Harry had replied.

Draco scoffed but nodded anyway.

'I'm surprised you're not in leather trousers,' she teased.

'I'll change into them later, when he's not looking,' Harry joked.

The robe swished around his legs as they walked across the lawns. There was a slight chill but the September day promised to brighten for them and Harry had been out first-thing, ensuring heating charms were set.

Ron gave him a reassuring thumbs-up from where he and Blaise were waiting, as best men, at the front of the seating area.

Minerva and Peanut met them.

'Great-Grandma Minnie!' Teddy exclaimed.

'Young man,' she answered. 'How are your spells holding up, is your hair going to stay one colour today?'

Teddy stood tall, puffing his chest out proudly, 'Harry's taught me how to do breathing exercises when I get a bit excited and then how to think about the colour.' It was currently black, much like Harry's, though considerably neater.

'I think you look very smart, Teddy,' Minerva said with a smirk.

Teddy positively preened, tugging on his smart waistcoat of swirls of green and silver brocade which he wore with long smoky-grey shorts. Harry was sure he was going to steal the show.