【八十九】 introductions ‣ pt. 1 [johnny]

"hi, i'm minsoo! i'll be looking after you from now on," a young woman greeted dayoung, walking over to where she sat in the lobby

"hi, i'm minsoo! i'll be looking after you from now on," a young woman greeted dayoung, walking over to where she sat in the lobby. "kim dayoung, right?"

the eleven-year-old shyly nodded as she shook minsoo's hand.

"ahh, you're so cute!" minsoo giggled making dayoung's cheeks flush.

"t-thank you," she grinned.

"come, i'll show you around. maybe you'll meet some of the other trainees!"

dayoung's two suitcases were left behind the reception desk where the worker gladly offered to keep them safe while the two toured the building.

minsoo was talkative and made dayoung feel at ease quickly. she followed minsoo as she led her to the cafeteria then up to the practice rooms and studios.

in one of the dance rooms, a raven-haired boy was standing next to the speaker system, scrolling through the laptop. upon hearing the door open, he turned and a smile quickly made its way onto his face.

"oh, noona! is this the new trainee?" he asked, approaching them.

"it sure is. this is dayoung. dayoung, this is johnny."

she gave johnny a shy "hello" to which he cooed at.

"how old are you?" he asked.

"i'm eleven! you're kind of tall.."

she looked up at him, making both johnny and minsoo laugh at her.

"and you're kind of tiny. that's what i'll call you from now on! tiny!"

dayoung tilted her head at him. "tiny? i'll call you giant then!"

minsoo patted the top of dayoung's head, grinning at their cute interactions.

"johnny's only training over the summers as well since he's only sixteen and lives in the states."

"the states?! me too!" dayoung beamed.

the two clicked immediately despite their age difference and it made minsoo feel comfortable that dayoung would fit right in.

after a few more minutes of talking, the eldest among the three cut their conversation short.

"sorry, guys, but we still have to tour the building. do you have any lessons today, johnny?" she asked.

the said boy nodded his head. "i have my vocal lessons soon."

"ah, i was gonna say you should come with. we'll be done by the time you are, so maybe you can join us on the way back to the dorms."

"sure! i'll see you later, tiny."

johnny patted the top of dayoung's head to which she giggled at.

"see ya, giant!"

終。
and that is how dayoung got the nickname tiny