Chapter-22

Chapter-22

-Heart Break

Diana Thomas's POV

Three Months Later

"Have some dinner before you go to sleep." Mom says placing the plate of spaghetti in front of me.

"I don't want to." I have no appetite. She sighs and sits down in front of me. Micheal puts down his phone and they both look at me.

"Diana. That's it! Look at yourself! You are losing weight! It's not healthy!" Micheal nearly yells. Concern is clear all over his face. Mom takes my hand.

"Sweetie, I understand how hard it is for you since he left." Mom stopped taking his name in front of me. She hates him. He is kind of like Voldemort in now in our house. He-who-need-not-be-named or the most common one you-know-who. Mom gets angry even at the mention of his name. Me? It breaks my heart a little more when anyone says his name.

Things surely haven't been the same since he left. I woke up to an empty bed with a letter in his place. After reading it, my heart shattered into million pieces. How can he just leave? How can he leave me like that?! I was angry. I wanted to go to LA and beat him till he understands how stupid he is. We love each other. That's more than worth fighting for. That's more than worth staying for.

The whole day that we spent together, I thought he has changed his mind and is going to stay with me, but I was stupid. Stupid! He left! He fucking left me! Was it that easy for him? All of this fight that we put for each other, all of this effort that we put for each other... for what? For this?! To be part this painfully!

I went back to working in HR. The days are just passing by. There is not one day passing by where I feel like going to LA to meet him. Some days I get angry at him, some days I want to beg him to come back and some days, I just want him to be my boss, just so I can see him every day at least.

"Is it wrong to love someone that much, Mom?!" My voice breaks down before I can even speak a whole sentence. This heavy feeling in my heart wouldn't go away. It's like someone is twisting my heart painfully with a knife, stabbing it, then pulling out and then stabbing it again. I can't even describe it. I wake up in the middle of the nights imagining he is in my room.

"No, dear! You can only love and that's the most wonderful thing you can do." She says hugging me. I cry again. That's all I seem to be doing these days. Tears wouldn't stop flowing. Mom says it gets easier, but it's not. It's not getting easier. I want to shout, but I can't. No words come out even if I want to.

"I can't." I pull away from her and go to my room closing it. I fall on my bed on my back and look around the room. There are our pictures on my table. Him and me. I get up and open my night stand drawer to pick out his letter. I have read it hunderds of times. I memorize every word of it. But I still read it again.

Dear Diana, My Only and Only True Love,

Every moment that I spend with you is a treasure. You are my treasure.

Do you want to know why I want to leave so bad? Why I made the decision to leave our love? The answer is simple and I have told you about it many times before. It's because I love you.

When Mom was on the hospital bed, there were tubes attached to her body, doctors were rushing in and out, nothing was certain, her life and death, it was not in our hands. I thought to myself, if there is anything I can do, anything at all, I would do it in the blink of an eyes to save her. But that didn't stop God from taking her away.