Lover of Mine

18th of March 2018

I was physically and mentally exhausted. The last couple of days had finally caught up to me and it was taking its toll on me.

I was on my third iced coffee of the day, which is something unheard of for me since I like to limit myself to one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

It was only 12 pm.

I was roaming the streets of Stockholm with Ruby and James, the three of us taking it slow and savouring the afternoon sun on our skin before we have to get back to work later in the afternoon.

Even my outfit felt tired and boring to me. A white long sleeve top, an old brown, white and grey knit vest, a pair of white long linen pants and my black high top Converse.

I was desperate to get home to my mum and Lauren and I think everybody could see that, including Harry.

I knew that I was hurting him with the way I was acting but I did not know how to handle this without being at home to help my family. I was scared of what was going to happen to my mum and I want to be able to help see her through this and make the rest of her life was easy as possible.

"Hey Anna, we are going to head back to the hotel. Do you want to come with us or do you want to stay here for a little while longer?" Ruby asked, snapping me out of the trance that I was in.

"Oh yeah, I'll come back with you guys," I said with a firm nod and a small smile, Ruby and James nodding as they linked arms with me before we slowly began to walk to our hotel, savouring our time in the sun for as long as possible.

I knew my friends were doing everything in their power to make me feel better and there are some moments that are better than others, I'll give them that for sure.

I hate the fact that I am not myself at the moment, and that all I am doing is worrying about my mum at home. If I could be home with her, I would drop everything in a heartbeat to do so; but I cannot.

I had given it thought over the last couple of days, and I had even spoken to Harry about leaving tour, who supported the idea of me going home to be with my mum but I could not let this debilitate my life.

"How is Henry?" I asked, wanting to distract myself from the thoughts swirling in my mind, the bad and the good dancing messily together.

"He's good, he's thinking of moving out of his apartment and into a house somewhere out of the city," Ruby said.

"A house? In Los Angeles? In this economy?" James said dramatically, the three of us laughing loudly at his words. "Absolutely unheard of."

"Well he is in finance sooooo..."Ruby trailed off, not wanting to explicitly say the words 'he's rich.'

"He's loaded," I said bluntly, Ruby giving us a look to say 'yeah she's right,' as James just laughed at the lack of hesitation from myself.

"She's right. He comes from old money too, it's fairly ridiculous," Ruby said.

"What do his parents do again?" I asked, knowing we have had this conversation before, as I had been over to Henry's apartment in the suburb of Studio City to have dinner with him, Harry and Ruby.