Classic

25th of March 2018

"Anna! Your phone is ringing!" Ruby called from the bedroom of her hotel room, myself washing my hands after devouring a chicken sandwich on the floor of her hotel room.

"Fuck off, can you answer it?" I called back, my hands currently covered in soap and I knew I would not make it back in time to answer.

"Okay!" Ruby yelled and I went back to washing my hands, hearing Ruby's muffled voice answer my phone and then a moment of silence. "Anna..." she said trailing off and my heart dropped.

"What? What is it?" I said as I came running out of the bathroom, alarm bells ringing through my head, as her somber tone of voice indicated that something was wrong.

"You might want to take this," she said, handing me my phone and I said nothing more to Ruby and began speaking to whoever was on the other line. "Hello, this is Anna May speaking," I said in a calm tone, even though I could feel my heart racing.

"Hello Anna!" the thick German accent said. "This is Christiane Arp, I am the editor of Vogue Germany, how are you today?"

Vogue? Fucking what?

"Hi Ms Arp, I'm well thank you, and yourself?" I asked, my heart now racing for a different reason.

"Fine thank you, now I hope you don't mind, I got your number from the agency you work with."

"That is completely fine," I said, eager to find out why she was calling me, out of all people in the fashion industry.

"You're probably wondering why I'm calling you as well?" she asked in a humorous tone.

"You could say that," I chuckled a bit, which earned a small laugh from Christiane which relaxed me a little bit.

"Well, we would like to do an interview with you," she said and I almost screamed and it took everything in me not to freak out. "It would be a feature story, showcasing your talent obviously."

"Are you being serious right now?" I asked, absolutely ecstatic about the whole idea of being in fucking Vogue.

"One hundred per cent serious Anna, your outfits have taken the world by storm and we would love to be the first magazine to showcase someone with this much talent," Christiane said, sounding genuine and excited at the prospect of having me in her magazine.

"Of course, I would love to!" I said, not even having to think twice about it.

"Fantastic! Now I understand you are in Munich tomorrow and we would love to have the interview published in the May edition, so if you are free we can send a reporter to meet you in the afternoon if that is okay?"

"That seems perfect," I said, not even hesitating to think about what I was doing tomorrow afternoon.

"Fantastic! Now, I assume that your email address that your agency passed on to us is the best place to email you the details?" Christiane asked as I began slowly placing around the room, a habit I do when I am having an exciting phone call.

"Yes, that would be correct," I said, trying to suppress the ridiculous grin that was forming on my face, Ruby watching on from the end of her bed with a look of intrigue on her face.