Chapter 17

AN/: So cut to like 6 yrs later, I click on Wattpad for the memories and find another chapter to this story!
Lol idk when I even wrote this chapter - I  honestly have no memory of writing any of this but clearly I did at some point. It was so weird to read through as well because I wrote this story when I was like 13 and haven't really read through any of it since and I'd like to think that my writing skills have improved since then but I am a maths student now so it's quite possible that I actually peaked at 13 and it's all been downhill since :/. Regardless it seems to have gained a lot of popularity in the past 6 yrs so I figured, hey - may as well release this last chapter.

Enjoy :)

--------------
Annabeth POV:
I didn't know what to do.

Why did I agree to show her wandless magic? I don't know how to do wandless magic! I thought.

I was panicking - not that I'd ever let that show on my face.

A true daughter of Athena never gives away her weakness. It's certainly almost never the wise thing to do.

That Hermione girl was clearly suspicious of me for some reason and I needed to send her off my trail.

I could see Percy looking at me with wide panicked eyes and I suddenly had an idea.

I walked over to my table and picked up a glass, casually pouring some water in from a jug nearby.

"I can make this glass move around in midair" I said, pointedly looking at Percy.

"Oh, um, yeah! The Locomotor spell!" He said, quickly catching on. "It's quite a basic spell - all you have to do is say 'Locomotor!' and focus on moving the object around." He was facing the trio as he said that pretending that it was for the purpose of teaching them, but I knew he was just saying it for my benefit.

The plan was quite brilliant actually.

Percy could just move the glass around for me. I wasn't sure how much wandless magic he could do, or if wandless magic was even a real thing but since the glass was full of water, Percy should have no issue moving it around so long as he controlled the glass by pushing the water against the glass.

So I held the glass in front of me and really hoped that Percy had the sense to push the water against the glass walls as he hovered the water.

The upwards tension of the water being held up by Percy's powers should result in a frictional force against the glass walls which should counteract the weight of the glass causing the resultant force to be 0 and thus making the glass hover.

It was quite simple really.

"Locomotor!" I loudly exclaimed as Percy instructed, letting go of the glass and sure enough, the glass started hovering.

I released a breath I didn't realise I was holding and followed the glass with my eyes as Percy slowly set it down on the table.

I looked up only to realise that we had gathered a small audience who were loudly clapping at our little show.

"That was amazing!"
"Did you see that?"
"So cool!"

"See? It's just like that. I don't know how much help that was though, I'm not the best at explaining myself" I said knowing that it was never about the teaching. Hermione clearly just wanted to assess me. She was suspicious of us.

"Oh, don't worry. I got everything I needed, thanks" she mumbled a bit dejectedly dragging Ron and Harry away.

Percy bent his head down to my ear. "Nice thinking, wise girl," he whispered with a gleam in his eye.

"Athena always has a plan."

He smirked and bent down to whisper something else but was interrupted by a dainty looking woman with graying hair pulled back into a tight bun.

"Oh Mr Jackson, there you are! This is your date I presume?" She asked as Percy nodded. "Well it's time for the first dance so I suggest you hurry along and take your places."

Percy made a big show of bowing down to me comically with one arm extended. "My lady, may I have this dance?"

"Why yes you may, kind sir" I said placing my hand in his.

We walked to what I presumed was the dance floor to begin what that woman called the first dance.

"You know I've been taking lessons for this so you have to make sure you can keep up with - this guy!" He said pointing his thumbs at himself at the "this guy".

I tried to surpress my laugh as I said: "oh you don't think that I can keep up with you? Oh well we'll just see about that won't we?"

"You're on," he challenged, grinning.

Some loud classical music started as Percy placed his hand on my waist as I put mine on his shoulder, the other entwined with his. We started dancing in time to the music as we moved around the room.

The competititiveness between us melted away and it felt like it was just the two of us there together in that beautiful large hall.

"You know what this reminds me of?" Percy asked smiling at me.

"The dance at Westover Hall?"

"Yeah, gods we were so young and innocent then," he sighed reminiscing.

"You were so adorably in love with me," I said giggling.

"I was not!" He exclaimed, defensively. I looked at him pointedly. "... ok so maybe I had a tiny crush, but who could blame me? I was dancing with my best friend who was (and still is) stunningly beautiful by the way. What's a guy to do? I mean if you think about it, it really is your fault for being so gorgeous."

I laughed slapping him lightly on the chest. "When did you become such a smooth talker, seaweed brain?"

"Oh I was just born this awesome." He said quite pleased with himself, pulling me closer to him.

Ron POV:
Hermione looks like a princess. Why is she with that Krum guy anyway? Doesn't she realise that he's the bloody enemy! And since when was she that pretty? I thought, grumpily as I watched Hermione and Viktor dance.

I decided to focus on something else to distract myself from them.

I looked around the room to see almost everyone's eyes fixed on Percy and Annabeth and I could see why.

They were the most attractive couple I had ever seen in my life. Even those Muggle magazines that dad always brought in with the Muggle celebrity couples couldn't compare.

Annabeth looked like one of them bloomin greek goddesses with her beautiful golden curls and the white flowy dress. Honestly, she was even prettier than Fleur - and that's really saying something.

But it wasn't even them being attractive that called everyone's gaze to them. It was how at ease they were with each other. You could see Annabeth throw her head back in laughter at something Percy said and you could see him look at her like she was the only girl in the world.

It suddenly made sense why he rejected all those other girls throwing themselves at him. It didn't make him any less annoying, but it made sense.

I just wish I could have something like that. I thought as my gaze drifted back at Hermione.

--------------
So... I know I said I was done with this story but I just couldn't help write another chapter.