Chapter 41

You awoke the next morning feel lively. Checking the clock, you realized it was only seven. School started at eight.

You decided to go on a walk. So you silently dressed in your robes, put your hair in french braids, and grabbed your wand.

You silently snuck out of your room, down the stairs, and out of the common room. You breathed in, enjoying the crisp, winter air that occupied the castle. Pushing Harry from your mind, you absentmindedly walked down a couple hallways, loving the freedom it gave you. You came upon the courtyard. Spotting a nice tree, you sat against the trunk and leaned your head back, looking up and inhaling the winter smell.

You sat there. Enjoying the silence. Finally the school day starts.

***

The day comes to a slow end. You had no time to visit Harry today and it made you angry. You left dinner early to hurry to your tutoring session.

You mumble the password and the door to the Slytherin common room.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is."

"Hey." You say.

"Let's go back to the classroom." You agree, following him. You were quiet today. You felt lonely.

"Here we are." He said. He lets you in and makes a cauldron appear.

"Ok... so, today-" He looks up at you. You weren't listening, you were looking sadly at the ground.

He comes over, and sits in front of you. You avoid eye contact. He gently touches your cheek and turns your face to his.

"What's wrong?"

You shrug. "I'm tired."

Draco looks at you. "That isn't what's wrong, though."

You sigh. "I distracted Harry yesterday during Quidditch. He got hit in the back of the head and is now sitting in the hospital wing unconscious."

Draco watches you talk. "Ya know, I don't like Harry. Like, at all." He silences. "But.. if it means that much to you... I won't keep you here any longer. You can go see him."

You look up at him, overwhelmingly happy. "Draco? Really?!" You ask.

"Yeah... yeah I'll tell Snape we finished it."

"Oh thank you!! Thank you so much!" You pull him into a tight hug. He wraps his arms around you for a second before pulling away.

You thank him again before rushing out of the room.

He smiles, watching you go. Happy to see you happy.

Draco's POV
I watch her hurry away, wishing she would stay with me. I liked spending time with her. I rarely got to, because we were in different cliques and houses. If I'm being honest, it really hurt when she sounded disgusted at the idea of me tutoring her. I watched her storm out angrily and felt my heart break into a million pieces.

But even that didn't sting as badly as it did when I found out they'd kissed.

Your POV
You hurry down the hallway and make your way to the hospital wing.

You rush in, looking for Harry's bed. You spot it and hurry over. He looks as if he's just waken up.

You run over to his bed, hugging him as hard as you can.

"Ow! Jeez y/n, no need to squeeze the air out of me." He says, you let go, and look down at him.

"I'm so glad your awake." You say breathlessly.

He smiles at you, before it falters. "What happened?"

You look at your feet. "You got... hit in the back of the head. With a bludger." Harry feels the back of his head gingerly and makes a sound of pain.

"Ow! I guess your right." He chuckles. You sit tenderly next to him. He glances at the clock. "Blimey, y/n, it's-" He pauses. "Uh.. it's 3 o'clock. Don't you have tutoring?"

"Oh... he let me come see you. He could tell I was upset, I guess."

"Oh." Harry says. Looking away.

You lightly take his cheek in your hand so he looks at you.

"I'm glad you're awake." You say. He smiles at you.