Chapter 31

Ava's POV

"Breathe. Just breathe" I spoke slowly, comforting a panicked Katie.

She was panicking, which made me panic, because I had no idea what to do. I've never been in a situation like this before, and I was truly terrified.

"You try breathing when-" she screeched. She cut herself off, screaming in pain.

By now we have drawn a small crowd around us, with people looking on worriedly. I have tried to get her up from the bench, but each time she would yell at me that she couldn't move.

Her face was scrunched up in pain, her eyebrows drawn together as she looked at me with tears glistening in her eyes.

"Do you need any help?" an elderly woman stepped forward.

"Yes. Her water just br-broke a-an-and I don't know what to do. She's in s-so much pain and I have no idea how to-" I rambled.

"It's going to be ok. I can give you a ride to the hospital if you'd like" she put a hand on my shoulder as a way to comfort me, and for some reason I was able to calm down.

I let out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding. I nodded my head vigorously and she then instructed two men to help get an immobile Katie into her car.

I sat beside Katie in the backseat, holding her head in my lap. I wiped the sweat off her forehead, watching her groan and grunt in pain ever so often.

Now that I had a clear mind I decided to call Mason to let him know to meet us at the hospital.

"Hello" Mason answered on the second ring.

"You need to get to the hospital now" I had to shout for him to hear me over Katie's cries.

"Is everything ok? Is Katie Ok? Are the babies ok? Are-"

"Katie's in labor" I cut him off.

Silence.

"Mason"

Nothing.

"You there?"

Again I was met with silence.

"Mason!"

"Yeah I'm here. Can I uh, talk to Katie?"

"Yeah. She's right here" I handed over the phone to a sobbing Katie, who only looked at it confused at first.

She later took the phone, after she heard her mate's voice I presumed. They talked the whole ride to the hospital, and for the first time Katie wasn't hysterical. She seemed calm, and even now she was still on the phone with him.

When we pulled up to the emergency exit, nurses immediately rushed out to help Katie into a wheelchair. I followed behind, until I was stopped by a nurse who prevented me from entering the room Katie was wheeled into.

"Only the father of the baby is allowed in there with her" she looked at me apologetically and closed the door in my face.

I sat outside in the waiting room, waiting for an update on Katie and also the arrival of Mason. Minutes pass, and no one has left the room. I sat impatiently biting my nails and bouncing my right foot nervously. The door suddenly opened and the nurse from before emerged.

I stood up almost immediately and asked her about how Katie was doing.

"She wants to see you. Also she has refused to start pushing until her mate gets here" she let out a tired sigh.

"I'll talk to her"

"Hey" I waved awkwardly from the doorway.

"Ma'am, you need to push" the doctor advised her in a warning tone.

"No. Not until my mate gets here" she shook her head defiantly.

"Katie, you have to push" I said holding her hand.

"No. Mason has to be here. I don't want him to miss this." By now she was tearing up as she clutched my hand tightly in her grasp.

"He can't miss it" she whispered as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"He won't" I assured her.

"You can facetime him, so that it can seem like he's here with you" I suggested.

"But it won't be the same" she wailed.

"Hey. Look at me" I instructed.

"I'm here. I know it's not the same, but I am. Those babies need their mother to push them out so that they can meet both their parents. Can you do that for me?" I smile encouragingly.

She nodded and got ready to push.

"I'm here!" a voice exclaimed from the doorway and Mason walked up to Katie kissing her sweaty forehead. He kept on apologizing, while Katie cried in relief that he was finally here.

"Well, I'll see you soon" I smiled and kissed her forehead.

I exited the room and was surprised to see Jayden in the waiting room.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I walked up to him, and give him a hug.

"Mason's my friend so..." he trailed off.

"I'm glad you're here" I said walking over to the chairs dragging him along with me.

"You are?" he sat down beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder, to which he wrapped an arm around me.

"Yeah, you can keep my company while I wait" I chuckled.

"Anything for my girl" he chuckled along with me.

"Your girl?"

"Of course you are, and I'm all yours" he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

He took something from out of his jacket pocket and handed it over to me. It was an envelope that I was very familiar with.

"What are-"

"Just open it" he smiled.

I opened the envelope and looked at the documents inside. It was the adoption papers for Andy. It needed both our signatures, and I already signed mine the day I got the papers.

I let a few tears escape when I saw that Jayden also signed the papers. I covered my mouth as a sob threatened to escape.

"Are you sure?" I looked up at him with tears blurring my vision.

"With you by my side, I'm sure" he smiled and wiped away the tears that had managed to escape.

"I love you so much" I leaned towards him and plant a sweet kiss on his lips.

"And I love you" he leaned in again and closed the gap between us.

"It a girl and a boy" Mason's loud voice interrupted our moment.

I got up from my seat and gave him a hug.

"Congrats" I cheered pulling back from the hug.

"Congrats man" Jayden said patting him on the shoulder.

"Soon, it'll be you guys" Mason teased.

"Yeah. Soon" Jayden smirked, while I blushed.

We all went inside the room to see the babies. As soon as I was close enough to the bed that Katie occupied along with her new born twins, I felt a little dizzy.

'Are you ok?' I heard a distant voice ask.

The world felt like it was spinning as I swayed on my feet. I could hear my name being called from a distant, but everything just seemed so fuzzy.

After battling for some time with myself to keep my eyes open, I gave up and welcomed the darkness. The last thing I heard before I passed out were people shouting my name.

A/N

Hmmm...

What do you think?

Thanks for reading:)

Remember to Vote + Comment + Share.