X. | TEN

☆ no warnings !

— AN HOUR LATER ;

The long car ride was excruciatingly silent. Except for the the sound of the tires spinning on the road, and the occasional sigh of pent up frustration from Five in the the passengers seat.

"You know, I never enjoyed it." Five spoke up after the car came to a stop.

"Enjoyed what?" Y/n asked, moving over to the middle seat.

"The killing. I mean I, I was good at my work, and I took pride in it... but it never gave me pleasure." He answered, a solemn look on his face.

"I can't imagine what it was like to kill people for so long when you didn't even want to." Eight messed with the handle of the briefcase on the floor, bouncing her leg up and down.

"Yeah, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough." Luther checked the rear view mirror momentarily, "You think they'll buy it?" he asked and nodded back to the briefcase with Y/n.

"What I do know is that they're desperate. It's like when a cop loses their gun. If the commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit. Not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back." Five answered, looking around the car.

"I should hold onto it," Luther offered. "Incase they make a move on you guys." he elaborated.

"Alright, but be careful, Luther. I've lived a long life, you're still young, you've got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it." Five told him sincerely while Y/n handed him the briefcase.

In front of them another car approached and stopped a distance away from their car. People exited, slamming the car doors shut. Eight recognized the masks they had on and thought back to the shoot out when they tried to get Delores.

"You know the plan right, Y/n?"

"Yeah, I got it." She confirmed, stepping out of the car.

The plan Five had came up with was for Eight to be invisible while they roamed around commission. Essentially she was the unknown in the equation. While Five worked on his plan to throw Hazel and Cha-Cha off from killing him and now Y/n, she would sneak around to get information on the apocalypse and who causes it.

"Alright, here we go."

Five got out and lingered with the car door open so Y/n could clamber out while invisible. The duo, Hazel and Cha-Cha, began walking towards the car.

"If this all goes sideways, tell Delores I'm sorry."

Five turned around, trailing after Y/n even if he couldn't see her.

"The masks really necessary?" Five queried as he met the duo in the middle.

They sighed, talking them off and throwing them to the side of the road.

"Where is it, kid?" Cha-Cha asked, already annoyed with Fives presence.

"That's how you're gonna start? You know, I can walk right back to the car and call it a day." Five threatened as a soft breeze passed by.

"You won't even make it half way there." The woman threatened, pulling a gun out and pointing it at him.

"Maybe. But as I'm sure you've found out in your previous foray, my brother is not your usual giant."

"He's right. You dropped a chandelier on him and he got right back up."

"By the time you took me out, he'd smash your precious briefcase to a pulp."