she's sick

"Jisoo? Are you sure you're alright?" You asked her as you crawled under the covers beside her. There was no way to disguise the worry in your voice because seeing her this way was cause for worry.

She whined and groaned and would either clutch at her stomach or try desperately to find a comfortable position that would ease the pain. You could see the beads of sweat gathering on her already clammy skin. Her skin was losing a little color and she was starting to look a little green, although she'd fib and tell you that she didn't feel sick when you could tell that she did.

"I'll be okay. I just wanna rest." She mumbled and hugged the blanket tighter as a shiver rushed down her spine.

You knew she wasn't okay. You had a feeling that if you closed your eyes and somehow fell asleep you'd most likely wake up to her being sick. However, you did want her to rest as much as possible. So, you dropped the conversation and let her drift off to sleep.

You turned the light off and covered up with another blanket. Since she had the chills you wanted her to stay warm and toasty, so you let her have the blanket you usually share for the night; or for as long as she needed it.

You lied awake. Your growing anxiety wouldn't let you sleep. You could hear the whimpers falling from her lips because of how uncomfortable she felt. You could see she was shivering and you wanted nothing more than to wrap your arms around her and hold her to try to warm her up. But her stomach was already sore and you didn't want to make her feel worse than she already felt.

You lied still and stayed quiet. Soon, your eyes started to droop. But before you could even think about giving in to the sleepy feeling coming over you, Jisoo sat up quickly causing your eyes to fly open.

"Jisoo?" You sat up and moved a little closer. You brushed your hand along her shoulder and you could feel that her shirt was damp with the sweat rolling off of her skin. You bit the inside of your cheek, trying hard to stay calm for her sake when your mind was running wild.

"I feel worse..." She confessed followed by a whine falling from her lips. She pushed the blanket away and squeezed her eyes shut.

But there was no way to fight off the sick feeling quickly coming over her. She swallowed thickly but her eyes shot open a second later and she was rushing out of bed and into the bathroom.

You followed her. Your heart sank deep in her chest from seeing her in so much pain and so ill and uncomfortable. You held her hair back for her and tried to comfort her by whispering softly in her ear. Your voice was a little shaky though since you were a little nervous to see her in such a state. But you rubbed her back and did your best to help her through those terrible and agonizing few moments.

"Are you alright? Do you feel any better?" You asked when she flushed the toilet and leaned back against you. She was quiet for a moment as she focused on catching her breath.

"Yeah. I think I feel better now."

You kissed the crown of her head and stood up. "I'm happy to hear that, baby. We should really get you back to bed so you can rest."

She dreaded the thought of getting up because her legs felt like jelly. But she took your hand and somehow stood on her feet.

"Why don't you brush your teeth. I'll be right back."

You made sure she was steady on her feet before you left the bathroom to return to the bedroom. You made sure the trash can was close to the bed, in case she needed to throw up again. You also grabbed one of her clean shirts from the closet for her to change into and you grabbed her some cold water, too.

She stepped out of the bathroom slowly and you helped her to bed. You helped her into the clean shirt and then helped her under the covers. You laid your hand against her forehead. She felt a little warm but not terribly, which eased your worries quite a bit.

"Do you need anything else?"

She shook her head and closed her tired eyes. "Just you to lay with me."

You nodded and climbed in beside her. You brushed your hand along her shoulder and watched her chest rise and fall steadily. "I hope you feel better soon, baby. You know I'm right here if you need anything at all. I love you so much." You whispered as you ran your fingers through her hair.

"Love you too." She whispered before she finally drifted off to sleep.