Chapter 28

Joker opened his Father's Mansion's door to face Ciel and Sebastian.

"We have been waiting for you. Earl Phantomhive" he greets angrily

"...Joker" Ciel says

Joker bows "please come inside"

The two walk inside and look around surprised.

"This way" Joker walks to the stairs

The two follow him

Sebastian leans down to Ciel "what do you want to do? Kill him right away and rescue the children?"

"Wait" Ciel instructed "If the kids are still alive, isn't it better if we catch them red handed? Also if we don't understand the situation or his goals completely, we can't report it to the queen. We don't know where Rose is so acting rashly could ruin any plans she's made"

"Understood" Sebastian agrees

They continue climbing the stairs as Joker speaks "Well they say don't judge a book by it's cover, you're a good example. That such a little body... lives under stage names such as "the watchdog of the queen" and "The Evil Nobleman" that's some hardship, Smile" Joker looks at him sadly

"My name is Earl Ciel Phantomhive" Ciel replies harshly "A servant shall not speak to me with such familiarities"

"Exactly.." Joker reaches the top doors "You are a Nobleman after all... you only care for your sister"

Ciel's eye's widen "why bring her up-"

"We have prepared dinner for you" Joker opens the doors "this way"

They enter a large dining hall with a stage in front of the table. Ciel sits at a chair as directed by Joker and Sebastian stands next to him.  

Joker walks to a door opposite of the one they came in "He has arrived"

"You came to see me"

The doors open to reveal two children pushing a man in a wheel chair. A big man covered in bandages, the only thing that could be seen was his left eye, his nose, and his mouth, the rest of his face was covered with bandages.

"Earl Phantomhive" the man grins "though, I feel so ashamed to meet you while looking this way"

"..You are Baron Kelvin?" Ciel questions boredly

"That's right but it makes me feel awkward to be all formal with you" the man replies "I have prepared a feast for you"

Children come in with food and it is placed in front of them. Sebastian takes the drink in front of Ciel and tastes it.

"It doesn't seem to contain poison" Sebastian informs him

"I have no intention of touching food served by a rat so there is no need to taste for poison" Ciel replies then looks over at the kids "those children.. it looks like there are more victims that weren't included in the police info.. but their appearance-"