TWENTY-FOUR

THIRD PERSON.

"No. way." Kai said, her mouth dropped open as they walked into a carnival that was filled with people all sliding through any small gap they could to get past the crowds.

In the middle of Colorado, the couple arrived just in time for the annual carnival that would come and stop by for a few days, the two of them impulsively deciding to stop by for the day.

As Corbyn looked over at Kai, a smile grew on his face as he noticed the excitement building up inside of her, desperate to head around the carnival and spend the day making more memories.

It was lit up with many different lights, different signs painted in bright colours by the community and upbeat music playing in the background, surrounded by everyone having a smile on their faces, passing by the stands and other people they knew to a good extent.

"This is crazy," she said as Corbyn laughed slightly.

"You've never been to a carnival?"

"Not one this big," she shook her head before grabbing a hold of the boys hand, her nervousness slightly higher than usual with all the people around, "My mom would've loved this though."

"Let's go to the best part of these," Corbyn said, tightening the grip of the girls hand before pulling her through the crowd of people, slightly hoping there would be no one around to recognise the boy too much.

Pulling the girl over to one of the photobooths, she furrowed her eyebrows as he took her inside of it, sitting down on the small seat and shutting the curtain.

"This looks cool," Kai said as Corbyn nodded, pulling her onto his lap, "Oh hi."

"You know how these work right?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her waist as she slowly nodded, "That seemed unsure."

"I'm not stupid, I can figure this out." Kai looked at him, watching the boy raise his eyebrows as he nodded, "It's a photobooth, I know the idea of it."

"Alright, alright." He laughed before starting the booth and posing for each of the photos.

After being in the photobooth and getting themselves a set of photos each, they eventually made their way over to a food stand, where Corbyn was busy looking at the menu as Kai had her stare over where everyone seemed to be dancing to the band that went to perform.

"Hey Kai what do you wa- Kai?" Corbyn said as he noticed the girl heading over to the group of people dancing before she soon joined in with them, "Unbelievable."

"Isn't she-" Someone from behind the boy paused, looking down at their phone before back over at Kai, "Isn't she the missing girl from Indiana?"

"No," Corbyn quickly shook his head, grabbing his drink as he headed over to the big crowd of dancers, watching the girl meet new people before deciding to join in with their dancing.

And so the boy leant against a wall besides a few other people, watching the girl he has bought on the trip learn the dance in less than five minutes before the music began to play and the girl began to flow along with it.

As he was focused on the girl, the boy hadn't got a chance to look around his surroundings and just as he snapped out of his thoughts, a group of three were standing beside him, their phones in their hands.

"Can we get a photo with you?" They asked, a smile on all their faces, "Are the others around?"

"Oh, uh sure and no they're not with me today," Corbyn slowly nodded, putting his drink down as he took pictures with each of them, "So-"

"Everyone's worried because you're so inactive but it's good to know you are doing well!" One of them interrupted him as he slowly nodded, glancing over at Kai for a few seconds, "What are you doing in Colorado?"

"Just visiting," Corbyn shrugged, a small smile on his face as his fans nodded.

"Ok, well anyway we better go," They said as Corbyn nodded, "It was nice meeting you though, we love you and the other guys."

"Aw, I love you too," Corbyn smiled as the trio walked away from him, which was when his smile immediately fell as he looked back over at the group of people dancing, noticing Kai wasn't within them, "Oh shit."

"Oh shit," she mimicked his voice, laughing from behind him as he quickly turned around, letting out a sigh of relief when he saw her leaning against the wall, "Who were they just by you?"

"Fans," he shrugged, "But don't do that to me again."

"You're boring, no fun." She frowned.

He shook his head and smiled before looking over to the left of him, the smile painted on his face dropping as he saw three cops staring at him and the girl opposite him before they glanced down at a clipboard.

"What?" Kai noticed the panicked look on his face as she moved her head towards the direction he was staring, just as the three cops began to walk over to them, "Oh sh-"

Being cut off by what she was saying, Corbyn grabbed her hand as they began to run the opposite direction to the way the cops were, who also eventually picked up their pace as they noticed what Kai and Corbyn were doing. 

Despite the small yet frequent laughs both of them let out, finding the whole running from the cops thing somewhat entertaining, they eventually out ran the cops and lost sight of them before they reached Kai's car, getting into it and wasting no time in driving away.

"Oh my god that was so close," Kai laughed, shaking her head as she held onto her stomach, "Which one of us did they recognise?"

"You! You're the one who has posters all over the country," Corbyn said, looking at her as she went quiet for a few moments, "You're safe with me, you know that."

"You're going to be the one who gets the consequence," Kai mumbled as he shrugged, "I prefer it outside of Lakeside, it's more fun."

"Jason wants you-"

"Jason isn't getting what he wants." Kai interrupted him, "I'm not going back yet."

"You don't have to," he said, giving her a small smile as she nodded and sighed.

A/N

hehehe the best part of the book starts now😼