• 9 •

They ended up choosing a very low key restaurant and despite that; the family still grabbed a lot of attention but luckily no one spilled water or anything this time around.

Luke watched as his dad and mom bicker as his dad drove. They burst into laughter at something his dad said and Luke smiled lightly as he clicked on an app.

It was the school forum. He scrolled through the posts and the annoucements on the forum. There were news about some couple on SSS2 block circulating and the comments showed people's shock.

Luke went to his profile and scrolled through it. He had over 10,000 followers which was almost the whole school population. He had zero posts.

His hands ran over the keyboard and he clicked on post before closing the app and putting off his data.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Luke awakened by someone jumping into his bed. He groaned as he hissed not bothering to turn to see who the person is.

"Dad, I need to get some sleep" Luke said.

"Its few minutes to eight" Mr Adele-Akinniyi replied as Luke shrugged.

"Just a little bit" Luke said snuggling back into his bed.

"I took care of your deal overnight so let me sleep will you?" Luke continued as he dozed off again. His dad chuckled lightly as he got out of the bed.

He opened one of the wardrobes showing a row if white shirts with an ash emblem on it and Preston International School written in italics.

He brought out a shirt as he opened the lower drawer revealing another set of jackets with the school name and emblem. He brought out a jacket and opened the wardrobe beside it.

Well ironed and neatly arranged ash trousers were piled upon each other in two rows. Mr Adele-Akinniyi carefully removed one before closing the wardrobe.

He opened the drawer beside the bed and brought out a pair of white sock tied together. He walked towards the tall shoe rack at the far end of the room before picking out a pair of black sneakers.

He arranged the shirt, jacket and trousers and threw the tied socks on top of the pile before he sat on the bed and began to fix the sneakers ropes in the sneakers.

Luke woke up to see his dad putting finishing touches to the sneakers rope that he had fixed and he looked towards the pile of clothes beside him.

He walked into the bathroom and took his bath. He dressed up and wore his socks while his dad bent down and helped him to wear his sneakers.

"You taking me to school?" Luke asked and his dad nodded.

"Dad, you are wearing a singlet and shorts" Luke pointed out and his dad shrugged.

"I'm just dropping you off, not getting down" Mr Adele-Akinniyi defended immediately.

He picked his son's school bag and slung it over his back before they stepped outside. A maid was already waiting with a cup of Lipton and toasted bread.

Luke picked both but drained the cup of Lipton in a go while he munched the toasted bread while following his dad downstairs.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Preston International School was currently in an uproar. The students were all talking about the same thing.

In almost three years that Luke had opened an account on the school forum; he practically posted nothing. He had never posted nothing. He had over 10,000 followers and followed about 15 people.

But all of a sudden, Luke made a post. Everyone was shocked and what was more; he made mention of two girls in SSS2 and said they were his people and anyone causing them trouble was causing him trouble.

The forum turned upside down as the post had over four thousand forwards in about two hours. Everyone was shocked and too speechless.

Ewatomi and Fayoke were getting uncomfortable with the numerous stares on them. Everyone was looking at them and talking. People from other classes had come to check on them and Ewatomi couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

Her followers had gone from about a thousand to close to three thousand. Fayoke's own had gone from about five hundred followers to over one thousand five hundred followers.

"Why would Snr Luke make such a post?" Fayoke said as Ewatomi tried to stop the smile on her face from getting wider.

"I don't know" Ewatomi said as Fayoke sighed.

"At least, we are under someone powerful protection; we basically have nothing to worry from now on" Fayoke said and Ewatomi nodded.

"Apparently; them Snr Rufus gang, if they had been planning anything, by now Snr Luke's post will put a stop to it" Fayoke added and Ewatomi nodded.

"We need to thank him you know but I'm still scared of him" Fayoke said and Ewatomi nodded.

"I am too" Ewatomi said unable to hold her smile back again.

"Mehn, I'm practically one of the few with the most followers on our block now" Ewatomi said proudly.

Luke had the highest followers on the school forum with over ten thousand followers. Arike, the current social perfect girl followed with over seven thousand followers. The difference between their followers was so great that spoke their difference.

Because of Luke's post the previous day, his followers broke from over ten thousand to over twelve thousand, almost everyone in the school was now following him.

Ewatomi couldn't but be envious of him. A posy from him and her followers sky rocketed. It was kinda unbelievable. It was just a school forum!

"Do you think Snr Luke is in school now?" Fayoke asked.

"I don't know" Ewatomi said.

"Should we go say hi or anything at all?" Fayoke asked as Ewatomi played with her fingers.

"Wouldn't we be too obvious?" Ewatomi asked.

"That's true. We aren't even close and just met each other yesterday. His post has changed my view of him from a certain angle" Fayoke said with a small smile.

"What view?" Ewatomi asked.

"He's actually considerate" Fayoke replied with a small nod.