• 14 •

Luke yawned as he woke up in the morning. He opened his eyes and scanned the room. His eyes then rested on the digital clock beside the bed.

8:15am

Luke threw the covers off his body and walked into the bathroom. He quickly took his bath and stepped out of the bathroom.

Instead of his usual ash trousers and white shirt; he wore a black trousers and a shirt before stepping out of the room.

He walked downstairs straight into the kitchen and all the maids straightened up as soon as he entered.

He walked towards the box of Lipton tea on the cabinet and took two satchet. Dropping the two into a cup, he poured hot water on it.

After taking a long sip, he dropped the cup and walked outside into the car.

"Good morning sir" The driver greeted and Luke nodded as the driver ignited the engine and started driving.

He drove towards a boutique and parked in the parking lot. Luke got down from the car and walked into the boutique through another door.

He walked into a dressing room and changed into a tight fitting uniform with a badge of it. He brought out a white mask and fixed it on his face before stepping out into the next dressing room like a phantom.

He placed his hand on the wall and a panel came out from the wall. Luke placed his hand on the panel who scanned his fingerprints.

"Welcome back Captain LoneWolf" a voice said as the walls slid open and Luke got in. He closed at his eyes as the wall elevator moved at super human speed.

The elevator made a ding sound and the walls opened. As soon as Luke stepped out of the elevator, different agents wearing the same uniform but different badges stood and saluted.

Luke just continued walking towards where the assessment was to take place. He hadn't been at the bas for almost six months but he knew everything going on within the base.

He smiled a little as soon as he saw a tall, extremely attractive guy leaning against the wall. The assessment had just started and he stood beside him and saluted.

"You came late" the figure said as he turned to him.

Luke smiled as he fixed his eyes on the agent who was taking her assessment.

"I was too lazy to stand up" he replied and the latter chuckled.

"You are crazy" he said again as Luke smiled again.

"That's she bah? 14" Luke said as a beautiful young girl walked towards the pistol. She cocked the gun wearing a nonchalant look and shot.

Perfect score!

"What a nice shot" Luke said when the announcement rang out.

Luke continued to watch without a word at the other assessment. The assessment wasn't an easy one but from the results, he understood that these new agents were really ready.

"I think I underestimated her a little" Luke said as the guy leaning on the wall didn't say anything making Luke chuckle.

"I'll see how long you'll surpress that" Luke said as they got to the close combat section.

Luke watched as most of the agents chose captains they got assigned to. Surprisingly, one of the agents chose  the agent named 14.

Luke didn't say anything as he watched the match in silence. His eyes turned expressionless as soon as 14 beat the other agent and turned towards him.

She seemed transfixed for a moment before she opened her mouth and challenged him.

"I challenge Captain LoneWolf" she said and everyone went silent. Luke chuckled as he slid his hands into his pockets.

"Your girl is amazing but she should know her place" Luke said and the figure leaning on the wall sighed.

"Don't hurt her" he said.

"Well taken, Cap" Luke said as the agents made way for him and he walked towards 14 before standing in front of her.

He stood at her front and folded his hands behind his back.

"I'll allow you attack three times" Luke said, his voice coming out low and dangerous and he could could practically feel the other party tensing up at his voice.

Luke watched as she moved backwards and sent a palm towards him. He stuck out a finger and sent her back. Her expression changed as she looked at him in horror.

Luke didn't say anything as 14 landed on the floor. He raised his figure and gestured for her to stand up and come again. She still had two moves.

14 shot up to her feet and geared up again. She moved carefully before shooting out against him and it was the same. Luke sent her back with a finger.

"Its your last chance, use it well" Luke said slowly and he watched her release a sigh. Luke didn't try to rush her as he watched her try to calm herself down before she shot towards him again.

Just as Luke struck out his finger to block her; she withdrew her hand and shot out her leg. Luke chuckled as he moved backwards slightly dodging her leg. He almost smiled at the expression on her face.

Luke didn't think before he grabbed her leg and flung her away without mercy. She needed to know her place; what was she thinking challenging him? Was she trying to find out how strong he was or something?

He watched as she hit the wall and fell down spitting out a little blood. She turned to him and he gazed back at her through his mask.

"Even if your opponent has seen through your moves, you should be ready to give them surprises. That's today's lesson" Luke said as he turned and started walking away.

She was incredibly lucky. If he hadn't been instructed not to hurt, he definitely wouldn't let her go scot free. Over the years, none of the agents had dared to challenge him.

Some didn't even know him. Luke laughed as he stood beside the figure who turned to him immediately.

"I must say she has the guts" Luke said with a smile not looking back at the figure staring at him. He didn't dare to.