53 - Angel in Disguise

A steaming mug of tea was placed down on the table in front of me.

I looked up, a small grateful smile tugging weakly at my lips as I cradled my trembling fingers around the hot drink.

"Why didn't you reach out to me sooner, Ivy?" Pansy sighed, taking the seat opposite me, her eyes studying me in genuine concern. "I'm your sister. Okay, so I may not be the best one in the world, but fuck, I love you, Ivy, and if anyone hurts you then I'm going to want to kill them."

I wanted to cry. I felt so overwhelmed by Pansy's kindness that I found it difficult to even speak.

She had responded immediately to my cry of help; turning up at the studio within minutes after I had sent the letter.

When I finally managed to let her in, her face had dropped in absolute horror at the sight of my broken and miserable state.

Asking me no questions, she took me back to her and Edgar's country manor house at once, where she - just like Draco had done when I had turned to him - ran me a bath and fetched me some fresh clothes.

"I don't know if they'll fit," she said, eyeing me sceptically as she handed me a cream two piece designer suit, "but they'll do for now."

I hadn't mentioned much in the letter, just that I was all alone and needed help. So the fact that she didn't badger me with questions until I was in a more 'fit' state told me how much she really did care.

And I told her; I told her about how Percy had been sexually assaulting me and that Draco had helped save me from him. I told her how we'd gone to Ginny but that she'd refused to believe her brother was a rapist and was convinced I had been brainwashed by Draco.

And I told her how on the very first day that I had moved into the studio, Percy came for me and punished me for walking out on him ("The fucking coward!" Pansy had seethed, visibly shaking in her fury.).

I couldn't bring myself, however, to tell her that Draco had saved me in more ways than one; the idea of seeing the hurt and betrayal in her eyes too much for me to bear.

"You're staying here with me from now on," Pansy ordered brusquely. "I'm going to look after you; just like I had promised Mummy and Daddy I would when we were at Hogwarts. I know they've washed their hands of us now - literally in Mummy's case," she paused to give a sardonic bark of laughter, "but we've still got each other."

I had started crying then and she sighed, leaning over to give the back of my hand an awkward pat.

"You always were the cry baby out of the two of us," she said, rolling her eyes, "Look, I'll give you a pass as you've been through so much, but after this I want you to stop wasting your tears on that monster. Rapists don't deserve them."

She was right, of course, and I happily let her take charge, needing her blunt and decisive nature so much right now.

She got in touch with Bertie and arranged the selling of my studio. I didn't argue; I already knew I could never go back there.

"A fresh start is what you need," Pansy prescribed authoritatively, "we can set you up with a studio here. It's so much less dreary in the country. Not like that suffocating city you seem to love so much."

How could I tell her that I loved London because that's where Draco was? And it was hurting my heart so much knowing that I could no longer look out the window and see the penthouse.

But again, Pansy was right. I needed a fresh start before I really was driven crazy with depression and longing. I couldn't be with Draco, it was an undeniable, point blank fact.