ANDHA VAANAM PAKKAM, INDHA BHOOMI SORGHAM!!

It was a bright Wednesday morning, 9.40 am on the clock ; and Mullai was waiting  near her apartment gate for Uber to pick her up to her clinic.

She was already late by 10 minutes, and was muttering something to herself, not knowing what else to do. Somehow she didn't like this day from the morning.

Her mother had called her up early in the morning, to tell her she needs Raajam Paati's help to prepare some naatumarundhu  Podi , and wanted Kathir to leave Paati at her Mother's place , on the way to Iniyal's school, when he goes to drop her.

So her husband had left her all by herself, to go in the Uber, picking up Paapu and Paati to drop Paati at her home and Iniyal at school.

As if that was less irritating, she didn't find her favourite shoes to wear and had to wear this flats. These flats always made her stumble when she walked. How would she manage the whole day in them? What if she falls flat on her face in front of her patients. Uhh!!

On top of everything, her husband was leaving for Madurai this night. That made her insides boil.
She might have told herself a thousand times that it doesn't bother her.
But who was she kidding?
The mere thought of Kathir standing before a woman whom he once thought he was in love , broke her heart a million times.

It is silly, she knows, her mind knows that ...but why wasn't she okay with it??.
That girl is going through one of the hardest phases of her life, and would need someone to be there, just wishing her good and not judge her . Why is she not able to accept that, even though she empathises with her.

He was just going to be with her during the time she signs her marriage annulment papers, as a well wisher and that was it. It isn't like he is going for a romantic getaway with her. 

She is going crazy and she knows it.  She was already driving the poor guy mad for the past two days , sometimes with her silence, sometimes showing her irritation on him, and sometimes crying over a simple word he said, making a twisted meaning out if it. But he took all of it without a flinch, giving her the space  and time, since he knew she needed it.

She thought she would spend sometime with him on the way to their clinic, may be have a hearty conversation, or kiss him mad or hug him till she lost her breath.
But no !! her mother spoiled it for her.
"PARVATHY !!"

She would only get to see him in the evening only for a few hours before fight, she would have to share that too ,  with her daughter.
"Pch .. namakku mattum en ipdi nadakkudhu" she asks herself.

It is only then, she sees their car entering their building.

"Ivan, inga enna panran, office pogala? Oruvela nammala pick panna varana??"

She asks herself, when he honks at her,       she goes near the car to get in , but he lowers the window and asks.

"Innaikku appointments irukka??"

"Illa..." She says not understanding why does he ask that.

"Sari ,appa clinic call panni leave sollidu...naa poitu vandi ya park pannitu varen" he says determined, his eyes calm , not letting her to decipher his thoughts.

"Aana...ippa.. edhukku...naa clinic....office.." she blabbers incoherently.

"Please Mulla...edhum kekkadha..enakkaga .." he says soft and firm .

She does as told by him; and just as she finishes he call, she feels her arm clutched by his, 

" Vaa..polam.." he says as he tugs her hand in his palm, taking her coat and bag in the other hand, almost dragging her through the stairs, to their home, her dupatta sweeping the steps, she gets dragged behind him; her eyes over his hold on her wrist ,as if in a trance.