nine

Before Wooyoung could refuse to go skating anymore they were on their way. It wasn't that Wooyoung didn't want to spend time with him. He just didn't know how to.

"Where is the place?" Wooyoung asked trying to stall his thoughts.

"Literally right up the road." San replied as he continued driving.

"Oh." Wooyoung nodded looking out the window. The drive wasn't even long at all. Before no time they were walking into the skating rink. The music was heard from the ticket area.

"Two please." San directed to the woman. She nodded cutting off two as she took the money from him.

"Your shoe sizes?" The woman asked.

"Uh, mines a ten. His?" San replied before turning to Wooyoung.

"Mine too." Wooyoung nodded.

"Enjoy your skating. Here's your skate shoe keys." The woman smiled handing the two a locker key that would have skates in it.

They walked into the locker area opening up one that their keys showed matched.

In no time, their laces were tied and they were sitting on a bench about to go in.

"I'm nervous. I haven't skated in so long. It sounds so fun." San smiled reminiscing on his childhood days.

"Yeah.." Wooyoung could only stammer. He hadn't ever skated and he was feeling really nervous. What if he makes a fool out of himself?

"Well come on." San pointed to the rink. It was huge and flashy colored lights danced around its floors. The smell of nachos enhanced the room. In the middle held a big disco ball displaying silver glitters everywhere.

"Coming." Wooyoung gulped as he stepped awkwardly behind San. There was no doubt they were the oldest there. Little kids covered the floor probably wondering,

"Who are these oldies?"

But who did they care. It was nice to get out. Well to San at least.

When he stepped onto the track he felt his skates glide as he went in a perfect motion. Wooyoung stared trying to get the feet movement down.

"Aren't you coming?" San asked as he sat perched on a railing. This was his second time around the whole rink.

"Oh, it's just I don't really know how to skate." San sort of yelled. He knew it was loud so he raised his voice a bit.

"Well, want me to help you?" San questioned unsurely.

"Please." Wooyoung smiled small. San skated towards the ramp to let him out. He reached his hand outward to Wooyoungs.

They both kind of sat staring at Sans outreached hand.

"You going to grab it or?" San chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah sorry." Wooyoung stuttered. He grabbed his hand and let San guide him. Even though it took like five minutes to get to the ramp because Wooyoung was being careful. It wasn't like neither of them cared.

"Here watch my feet." San instructed as Wooyoung looked down. They moved in an outward motion left, right, left, right, and so on. Wooyoung was kind of just gliding by Sans hand.

"You got this!" San cheered him on. The kids passing by probably were generally confused.

"Yeah, okay, okay." Wooyoung whispered tightening his grip on San. He moved his feet as San did. Swift and soft. He was in no rush.

"Look you got this." San smiled looking towards Wooyoung. He could see the focused look he was giving.

"You ready to go by yourself." San questioned. Wooyoung didn't want to seem like a baby so he nodded.

Wooyoung skated at least a few meters away from San before falling flat on his butt.

"It's okay. I still fall, here get up." San reached his hand out picking him up, or trying. He fell as soon as their skates hit one another.

He let out a small wheeze of pain. It wasn't too bad.

"Sorry." Wooyoung apologized before letting a snort out. They both sat cackling lightly.

"It's okay." San giggled before pushing himself off the floor.

"Here." San tried again reaching his hand out. Wooyoung, this time, grabbed his hand and raised himself too.

"Thanks." Wooyoung smiled. San nodded trying to help him skate off again himself.

Sure Wooyoungs bum would be sore tomorrow, but he was having fun. Sans help was making the skating so much more enjoyable.

"Hey, want some food?" San questioned as he skated to a now proficient skater named Wooyoung.

"Yeah, lets go get some." Wooyoung nodded and followed San. At this skating rink they had to wear their skates to get food, which was helpful to the workers not having to clean dirt, but hard for the skaters as it was slick hardwood.

"Be careful." San instructed as he saw Wooyoung slip slightly.

"I will." Wooyoung responded. It was hard to skate on this flooring.

"So what do you want?" San asked turning towards Wooyoung.

"Mm, nachos and a drink." Wooyoung pondered before speaking. The food was practically all junk food.

"Okay, you find a seat. I'll order." San nodded while Wooyoung skated towards a booth in the corner.

After a few minutes, San was walking towards the booth. His hair was messy and his arms held food. He looked so pretty to Wooyoung.

"What am I even?"

"Stop that."

"Your just roommates. Nothing more."

Wooyoung huffed. His mind was too focused on San to even realize he had sat the food down.

"You going to eat?" San questioned as his mouth was shoved with nachos.

"Yeah, sorry." Wooyoung stumbled on his words before grabbing a chip. He grabbed the drink San had got him wondering if it was what he liked. Wait it was.. Did he know that.

"Do you know what my favorite cola flavor is?" Wooyoung asked taking another sip.

"No, I just got what I liked." San raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Woah that's cool. Meant to be aren't w-" Wooyoung cut himself off.

"WHAT IN THE HECK DID I JUST SAY? AHH, IM RUINED. HES PROBABLY ABOUT TO GIVE ME THE STUPIDEST LOOK EVE-"

Before Wooyoung could mentally kill himself for even talking, he noticed a small smile creep on Sans cheeks. He didn't give him the disgusted look, he didn't get up and leave, no he didn't do none of that. He sat there and smiled as if it was nothing.

a:n
i made up their shoe sizes whoops

song of the chapter ; middle fingers up by gd
& hi hello by day6