sixty three

"I was beginning to worry you boys wouldn't find the place." I hear his voice ring out over the low music, his back was turned though as he sat at the bar probably drinking. I look around the room in horror at all the bodies that were scattered around.

"What the hell...?" Jeremy speaks from beside me. Klaus turns to face us, wearing his usual smirk- though it drops when his eyes land on me. His jaw clenches as his eyes trail down to the bloodied bite mark on my neck.

"Did you kill all these people?" Matt speaks, in shock as he looks around the room. Klaus doesn't remove his eyes from mine as he speaks. I glare at him.

"Not exactly. They're in transition." His eyes flicker to Jeremy. "Killing them is your job."

"You said you were going to convince Klaus to do this another way!" Jeremy looks to Damon desperately. The raven haired man shrugs.

"Well, I thought about it, and then I realized his idea was better." I look to him disbelief. What the actual fuck is going through their minds. I wonder what Elena will think when she hears about this.

"He's not doing this." I speak coldly.

"And what makes you think you have an opinion in the matter, Scarlett." Klaus speaks. My mouth drops open- I find the comment pretty out of character. I did not ask for all that attitude.

"Klaus not listening to Scarlett? That's actually shocking." Damon mutters under his breath. I look to him in annoyance.

"She's right. I'm not doing shit."

"You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark. Mark equals cure. You're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on." Damon says, causing me to shoot him a harsh glare.

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people." Jeremy says, looking to Damon.

"Jeremy, they're not people."

"They were." I interject, shooting a glare towards the hybrid.

"Enough! Have at it, or else." He demands.

"I don't take orders from you, dick." Jeremy spits, dropping the stake. "Hunters can't be compelled." He says. Klaus lets out a small chuckle before approaching us.

"You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you. Because, I can compel them." Klaus says. I look towards the vampires in transition who had been feeding on compelled humans. I gulp as I remember the bloodied wound I had earned only a few moments earlier.

"I'm gonna give you a two-minute head start. Then I'm gonna send every vampire in here after you. You kill them, or they kill your friend... Matt."

"What the fuck, Klaus."

"Wait a second-"

"No, no. You turn them, he kills them. That was the deal, Klaus." Damon speaks up.

"I'm taking artistic license." He smiles.

"You know he can't take them all on at the same time. You sound batshit crazy." I speak. Has he literally lost his mind. He looks back to me.

"Don't you worry that pretty little head. With Damon as his coach, he'll be fine. It's Matt I'm worried about." He says with a small grimace towards the end. I look to him dumbfounded. Was I talking to a completely different person right now.

"Ah...Jeremy, go get the weapons out of the car. I'll be right behind you." Damon says, not removing his eyes from Klaus. He was nervous. Jeremy runs out of the bar. "All of you." He adds, his eyes flickering from me to Matt. Matt rushes out as well but I only look to him.