08. hello, ghost girl

──── CHAPTER EIGHT, hello ghost girl

KATE HAS NEVER BEEN the kind of person who apologize for something she actually did or whenever something happened because of her or something she did. As a person with parental issues her personality didn't include apologizing. And it's not because she doesn't feel it, she does feel remorse but she doesn't know how to show any emotion, she feels vulnerable showing any kind of emotion. Being the daughter of a heartless woman could do some damage and her attitude it's a demonstration of it.

     At the beginning of her relationship with Rafe it was hard for her to show feelings, she of course felt it but didn't know how to demonstrate the way she felt, words just couldn't come out of her mouth. Besides because her father left, she has trust issues generally in anyone but mostly in men (for obvious reasons) she thought that Rafe would see how damage, fragile and kind she could be if she showed any weak emotion and finally leave her but he didn't. That's when she started to being out her real self and began to be herself around him, he became her everything, she knew she could trust him and that he loves her with the same passion as she loves him. She felt different, she felt happiness and that was something new for her, she never thought she would be able to even feel what happiness and fulfill would feel like. It was like life was giving her a chance to be happy and luckily that hasn't end.

     And that's Katherine Thornton; the girl who wouldn't dare to share her feelings with anyone because she's too afraid that they would leave her, she fears for being abandoned again and no one should ever feel that way; her teen self went trough a lot, hardest stage of life. And when she founds the enough amount of trust on someone, she doesn't know how to tell them she loves them, she sucks at words.

     And yet, she found herself driving to JJ's house to try and apologize for blaming him about sinking the boat, she assumed things and judged... just like her mother. Kate shook her head to erase that thought and got out of her car to start walking to the blonde's house. The nervousness in her could be seen, she was playing with her hands, she really was new at this.

     Kate saw JJ getting in his bike and stopped him. "Hey, uh, I wanted to—" and she noticed his face, bruises almost everywhere. "Holy crap what happened to you? Rafe did that?"

     "No, it wasn't—" he deeply sighed. "How do you manage to appear at the wrong time, huh? Leave" his voice sounded dry and full of anger, she could see it in his eyes.

     "Are you okay?" She made a step towards him and he did it backwards.

     "Just stay the fuck away from me, not on the mood to be blamed about your fucking luxurious boat. It's done, okay? I'll pay for my responsibility" he fixed his backpack, one she didn't notice until that moment and started the bike.

     She blurred her eyes and tilted her head. "You see, that's the thing, I know you didn't do it" she then purses her lips, managing to get her sorry speech out of her mouth, it was hard accepting to be wrong and lose her proud.