Celebration

Celebration

Sounds of celebration could be heard all around the city as citizens and soldiers alike celebrated. Jackson and Wyvern are currently sitting with Travis and other citizens in a crowded bar. Finishing another bottle of beer, Travis slapped Jackson on the back, "I don't know how you guys did it, going against all those tanks, but great job!"

Jackson took a look at his compatriot's red face and sighed, "You helped too..."

"Bahhhhing," Travis slurred, "it was alllll youuuu..." Before he could even finish speaking Travis fell forward with a thump, slammed his head into the counter, and crumpled to the floor in a mess of limbs. Jackson facepalmed.

"Sir?" Travis's assistant asked worriedly. Jackson felt Wyvern tugging at his shirt and turned to her. She was red-faced and swaying a bit. This confused Jackson, how?

Jackson leaned and whispered into her ear, "How are you drunk? How does that even work?"

Wyvern turned to Jackson and looked at him with confused expression, "I *Hic* don't know *Hic* myself." Wyvern said nothing else as she stared at Jackson as if she was in a trance. Suddenly she lunged herself at him, tightening her arms around him.

Jackson's face turned red-faced and the drunk Wyvern latched onto him. All around the bar customers were looking at the duo, whispering among themselves.

"What a cute couple..."

"They are perfect for each other."

"Why can't that happen to me?"

His face turned brighter at the comments he looked at Wyvern, "Get off!!!" Wyvern didn't say anything as Jackson shook her. Taking another look Jackson sighed again, she was asleep. "Goddammit!" Jackson swore as he shook Wyvern even more. Even with the excessive amount of shaking she didn't wake. Giving up all hope of waking her up, Jackson threw the drunk Wyvern over his shoulder as he left the bar. The walk back to their room was uneventful except for some confused stares and conversations. Opening the door to their room, Jackson laid Wyvern down on her bed. "Can you let go now?" Jackson begged to the sleeping Wyvern. Wyvern only grumbled as she pulled Jackson down into bed. Laying down on the bed Jackson sighed for the umpteenth time, giving up.

"I win..." Wyvern giggled. Jackson finally closed his eyes and fell asleep.

January, 22nd 2039

Sunlight shone into the bedroom as the sun arose outside. Stirring awake Wyvern rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling. 'Where am I?' Wyvern thought. Turning to her right she saw the familiar environment of her and Jackson's room. Glancing at the clock on the wall she realized that it was already 8:30. Wyvern rolled onto her side, "wake up it's..." only to be met with Jackson's sleeping face.

Blood rushed to Wyvern's face as Jackson woke up, "Huh?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

45 minutes later...

Jackson and Wyvern sat across each other, eating breakfast. While the latter was embarrassed out of her mind pressing her index fingers together nervously, the former was tired, annoyed, and, to be completely honest, done with this shit. He was eating his breakfast with a red handprint on his face. "Are we going to talk about it?" Jackson asked. He looked around and people all over were looking at the mark on his face.

"No."

"You sure?"

"Yup." Wyvern nodded frantically.

Jackson sighed, "All of I had to say that you were drunk and you wouldn't let go of me." Wyvern stared at the ground. "Let's just forget about it, "Jackson said, steering the conversation away, "the tank's chombram plating was damaged to an extent. Is there any way to repair or replace them?"