Chapter 41

(Y/n) whined as she sat next to Shu in the office "How long is this ball thing gonna last?"

Reiji rolled his eyes at her behavior, flicking the back of her head. They were all in the office since these two wanted to come over for some odd reason. Obviously, it was followed by Reiji's constant nagging on Shu and Shu ignoring his ass to his best ability. Reiji sat down on the couch opposite of them "Get over yourself. It wont last long, at least a few hours" (Y/n) crossed her arms "I got better things to do like watch Anime, call Elizabeth, read some fanfics, talk to Edward----Edward?"

(Y/n) nodded up at Reiji "Yeah, Edward. What? You know him?"The Vampire shook his head and sighed "I was asking who Edward was. Is he a friend of 'Ciel'?" He scowled as the name flew out his mouth "I still have a slight disliking towards that name.." (Y/n) scoffed and sat her hands on her hips.

"He's Ciel's cousin. I actually miss him" The girl scratched her head as her face fell a bit. Shu took notice of this and slumped next to her, laying his head on her crown "Shu! Why!?" The blonde wrapped one arm on her and slowly got comfortable as she calmed down. He just wanted to distract her from the small memory.

And of 'Edward'

The girl slowly laid back into his embrace on the couch. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes as the quiet took over.

"Tch.."

A hand shot out and grabbed her arm, forcing her up and away from the blonde. She was pushed down on the seat while Reiji sat down next to here and went back to reading.

(Y/n) went back to relaxing and laid her head on his shoulder, the purplette stiffening.

And not in that way

The girl yawned and decided to take a small nap before she had to leave. She placed her hand on Reiji's resting one, ignoring the tick mark that appeared on his forehead. But, he didnt move it away. He let it stay there. But then, a new body sat next to her. They pulled her closer to them instead, her hand and warmth falling away from Reiji, and let her lay her head on their arm, sitting the side of their head on her's.

Reiji sent a glare Shu's way as the blonde napped with her. A frown came back to his face as she snuggled closer to Shu. Just the image of these two as a couple made him sick to his stomach, and dont even mention him marrying her. It seemed unlikely but...

Shu rubbed the inside of her palm as if she were a Kitten. She was warm and curled up closer to him.

"Young couples like that give me hope"

'Young couples..'

His ocean colored eyes stared at her soft hand as he balled it up inside his own, fully closing his eyes and sleeping hai life away like usual.

But....

At the same time, it looked possible

Reiji tore his eyes away from the two and looked back down to the pages. No matter how many times he tried to focus on the words, his brain would repeatedly go back to his brother and the girl. He would keep rereading the same word, he would keep thinking of the negatives. He closed his book and exhaled through his nose, looking up. Why was he stressing over this? All he had to do was respect her, what are these unwanted feelings?

Why did it hurt him to think this? Reiji closed his eyes to rid of his thoughts but they still kept comin'. However, a hand fell ontop of his, intertwining their fingers.

He looked down at the girl as she 'slept' with a small smile. She tapped her fingers on his knuckles and clutched it tighter. Reiji nudged his glasses with his other hand and went for the book in his lap. The boy kept his usual face and went back to reading, well, not before giving her hand a small squeeze while an itty bitty, tiny weeny little blush came to his face.