Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter forty-two

As promised, Sahil took Srishti and Ayaansh out the next day and they roamed around to Srishti's content. She was in love with Berlin and there was no denying to that.

Much to Sahil's dismay, Ayaansh still hadn't said 'Dadda' as he continued to only call his mother. He was getting impatient but knew that Ayaansh was closer to his mother.

When they returned home the day after, the first thing Sahil did was order Rohit to gather all information about Vishal Saxena. The man was suspicious and he wasn't going to ignore the alarm bells.

Aditya and Zevah came to visit them, mainly because both wanted their best friends and also missed Ayaansh.

"Finally, you both are back. I mean I don't care about you both but I missed Ayaansh the most." Aditya said grinning at Ayaansh who grinned back at him.

Sahil rolled his eyes and Srishti chuckled but she noticed Zevah standing quiet, lost in her thoughts. Something was wrong and she knew that.

"Well, whatever. Now let me and my buddy take rest. You get out." Sahil said picking Ayaansh in his arms but one look at Aditya's face and he knew something was bothering him.

"Excuse us," Zevah announced and dragged Srishti all of sudden and Sahil raised his eyebrows at Aditya who had a blank look on his face.

"Let's go to my study." And the three men were off to Sahil's study.

"What's the matter?" Sahil asked as they sat down and Ayaansh was on his lap. He didn't seem to like it because he immediately wriggled out of his hold and slid down on the floor.

"I fucked up." He whispered making sure Ayaansh was away from them.

"Alright, what else?" Sahil asked and Aditya glared at him causing him to smirk.

"Do you want to listen?" Aditya snapped and he shrugged in response.

"Do you want to share?" Aditya groaned knowing he was deliberately doing this. He took deep breaths before he revealed everything to him.

"So you asked her to marry you and she denied." Sahil repeated seemingly surprised with the news. Of course he knew that his best friend had feelings for his wife's best friend but didn't know it was this serious.

As for Aditya, he skipped the part about her parents doing and just kept it short that they weren't the nicest of people. It wasn't his story to tell after all.

"That's what I said. I mean I know it was impulsive of me to say that but her parents are being too fucking annoying by practically forcing her to get married. And I'm not going to let that happen." There was a determination on Aditya's face and Sahil knew he was going to be by his side no matter what.

────────

"So he proposed that you both get married?" Srishti couldn't believe that Aditya would do something like this.

From what she heard, he said it so that Zevah's parents won't bug her anymore and that itself opined a pity case.

"I can't believe Aditya would say something like that." Srishti was beyond pissed. Looks like both the best friends had a weird way to rather demand for marriage.