26. Mischief

Warisha's POV

"Assalamualaikum." Arham bhai came as we entered at the school.

"Walaikumassalam." I and Liya replied as Jamya was searching for something in her bag.

"Jamya,Arham bhai gave you salam." Liya smirked stretching her name.

"Oh,Walaikumassalam." Jamya replied trying to smile.

"You ladies ready to control a bunch of naughty children's?" He smiled.

"Obviously, I just hope they don't start pranking me." Liya said.

"That's because you yourself did this to teachers,right?" I said and she smiled cheekily at me.

"So,what subject?" I asked him.

"As much as I checked the routine,today's math for class 2. You two can take this." He said looking at Jamya and Liya.

"And bhabi,can you take science?"

"Science for class 2?"

"No,class 3. Just basic things. Today's Monday so we have class for 1-3. Thrice in a week. 4 and 5 are for the other three days."

"And what topic?" At last Jamya opened her mouth.

"Umm,I don't know actually. You can ask them."

"Ok then,show us the classes."

"Follow me." He said and we walked behind him.

"This is your home for next one hour." He said showing me a classroom.

"But,won't you introduce me? They don't know me." I said.

"Oh they already know that that have a new teacher so no worry." He said and I nodded my head.

"All the best." Liya whispered.

Am I going on a war or what?

I entered there and looked around. There are approximately 15-20 kids,all laughing and talking. Suddenly, one girls eyes fell on me and she whispered something to everyone. They looked at me.

"Assalamualaikum." I said,trying to keep my voice calm.

"Walaikumassalam." They replied after a moment of silence.

"How are you all?"

"Fine." Few students muttered.

"Good. So as you guys know, I'm your new teacher. My name is Warisha. I'll take your science classes from now on,In Shaa Allah." I said.

And silence. I wonder why they are like this.

"Any question?" I looked around at their nervous faces.

Shouldn't I be the one to be nervous?

"Will you mind if I ask you something?" One of the boys said looking at me with great effort.

"Sure."

"Will you scold or beat us if we don't do our homework?" He asked.

Scold or beat him? Do I look like a sumo wrestler to him?

"No,why would I do that?" I asked standing beside him.

"Two years ago,I used to go in another school. There was a teacher who used to give homework everyday. But few days,I had to go to work with ammi so I couldn't do my homework. Because of this,she scolded me even slapped me one day." He said lowering his head,tears in his eyes.

"No,I won't do it ever. If I do this,you all will be afraid of me,then how will I teach you things? And we are here to learn things,not too fight with each other." I said and heard few giggles.