Chapter Twenty Three

Dontae's POV

Its better to be safe than sorry, so after all the throwing up Tiffany has been doing I decided to take her to the hospital. The nurse handed her a small cup and told her she needed a urine sample. Tiffany has been in the bathroom for almost ten minutes, now she just came out.

"Damn girl, I thought you might have gotten lost in there?" I teased half serious.

"No, I didn't have to pee, so it too longer than usual," she said rolling her eyes.

The nurse just walked in and came over to Tiffany sitting on the bed.

"Thank you," she said taking the urine sample from Tiffany. "I'll go get this tested and be back shortly," she said leaving as swiftly as she appeared.

"What if something is wrong with me?" Tiffany mumbled while looking down twiddling her thumbs.

"Don't think like that, let's stay positive right now," Dontae said trying to be supportive.

"OK," she said looking down deep in thought.

I just sat there looking through photos on Instagram, yet my eyes kept roaming back over to Tiffany who seems anxious as she sitting there biting her nails, something she never does. There's nothing I can even think to say, hopefully the nurse comes back and give us some positive news. Its interesting how everything is all running smooth, then something has to get off track and make things harder. I guess that's what life's all about lessons, experience and going through hell to one day get to heaven. I was so deep in thought, I didn't even notice nurse patty return with such a glow radiating from her face.

"So, I have good news for you guys," she smiled barely able to contain herself.

"What?" I quickly asked looking at Tiffany then back at Patty.

"Your Pregnant! Congratulations to the both of you!!"

The nurse was happier than Tiffany I put together, this was not at all what we were expecting to hear. Maybe a stomach virus or even the flu possibly, but the last thing I expected to hear was a whole person growing inside my girlfriend. Tiffany seemed a bit passive toward the news. "Well, do you guys  wanna say your baby or at least know the sex of him/her? Patty asked in a cheery tone.

" No!" Tiffany yelled causing the nurse and I to both look at her in utter shock. Tiffany hopped off the bed, grabbed her jacket and took off running. Maybe, its just too much for her to handle let me go see what the problem is. After apologizing to the nurse, I took off after Tiffany.  Once I made it to the waiting room looking around, she was no where to be found. Bolting out the door, I saw it was raining and Tiffany stood there arms folded with her head down.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"Are you deaf or did you NOT hear that I'M PREGNANT!?" She asked as if it were the most obvious thing in world. Her lip begin quivering as her body begin involuntary shaking, it seems like this news has changed her life. Wrapping my arms around her, I ushered her back inside the building. Dripping all over, she left a trail of water from the erance to where she is now seated.

"Calm down," I rubbed her arm up and down, though it was doing little to nothing to change the situation.

"How can you say calm down, your not the one carrying a living breathing child inside of your body! " your announced in all her fury. "Now, I'm gonna be all ugly and fat and your not gonna wanna be with me anymore," she cried leaning over in my lap. Lifting her head up, I cuffed her cheeks with both hand and looked into her eyes.