Ch 98: Interview

Nearl takes a few deep breaths to calm herself down before asking Lin Yie, "Dr. Lin, may I know what happened?"

Shining looks at Lin Yie, "I thought you would need some time to think about this, but who knew you acted so quickly."

Lin Yie smiles bitterly, "If I said that was an accident, would you believe me?"

...

Lin Yie took a long time to explain his ability in detail.

Nearl seems to have heard about Lin Yie's new ability from Shining, but she is still surprised when she hears he can enter a dream by touch.

She looks at Shining, "You knew already, right?"

Shining nods.

Nearl asks, "Then, did you chat with Liz last night to prepare her for today?"

Oh right, it was because Liz and Shining chatted for the whole night that Liz fell asleep so quickly, which allowed me to enter her dream, but if that was intentional, isn't Shining too manipulative?

Lin Yie looks at Shining curiously.

Shining shakes her head, "No, I didn't think that much, and I didn't know his ability can be triggered so easily. If I knew, I would have stayed here instead."

Nearl thinks for a moment. Shining doesn't seem to be the kind of person who is capable of coming up with a scheme like this, so she doesn't delve into that. She looks at Lin Yie again, "So, Dr. Lin, what did you do in Liz's dream this time? If possible, please tell me about your first time. I heard about it from Dr. Kal'tsit, but I want to hear about it from you."

"Uh, alright."

...

Lin Yie tells Nearl what happened the first time he entered Liz's dream, but when it comes to his second time, it gets a bit embarrassing. He tries to oversimplify it, "I killed two Sarkaz warriors. Before I could leave, the centurion that was on the ground crushed my head."

After hearing Lin Yie's words, Nearl and Shining fall into thought.

Nearl looks at Shining, "Something is off."

"Off?"

"He said he killed two Sarkaz warriors on his own."

"Um, so?"

Shining doesn't understand Nearl's question. To her, Sarkaz warriors are like grass. One swing of her sword cuts a bunch down. Near realizes this a moment later, so she asks Lin Yie how he did it.

"I heard you are learning sword fighting from Yato," Nearl says, "But I don't think Yato can make you grow so quickly, so tell me, how did you do it? Or perhaps, the ones in Liz's dream are weak enough to be killed by an ordinary human?"

Lin Yie sighs and explains everything in detail.

When he is done explaining, Shining praises him, "Courageous and prudent. That's awesome."

Is that supposed to be ironic? It has to be. But why did she sound so sincere?

Nearl, on the other hand, is incredulous, "That-that's awesome? Why did you do that?! You should be helping Liz escape her nightmare, not giving her a new one!"

As a radiant knight, Nearl finds it hard to accept the way Lin Yie fights.

Lin Yie feels embarrassed. He doesn't know what to say.

In the end, Shining breaks the silence, "This is war. There's no honor in war."

Nearl asks, "You think this is a war?"

"Is it not?" Shining asks her, "This is Liz's war, and Lin Yie joined her war. I don't think there is anything wrong with my description."

Nearl feels speechless, "You think this will save Liz?"

"I don't know, but I know something has to be done," Shining says, "He killed one for the first time, and two for the second time. If he keeps improving, he can kill the centurion in his third attempt and go further with Liz. Eventually, he will bring Liz out of that tunnel."

Nearl tries to hold herself back, "Do you really think Liz can wait that long? Didn't you see what happened to Liz? There is a reason Dr. Kal'tsit doesn't want Lin Yie to use his ability on Liz. Why can't you listen to others for once?"

"Because I'm Liz's guardian, and you are not," Shining emphasizes, "I won't compromise with anyone."

Lin Yie interjects in a hurry before Nearl and Shining argue with each other, "There's no need to argue. Nearl is right. I got lucky, but if there is a third time, I will kill the centurion in advance. Still, I simply can't kill every Sarkaz there. Even if that's possible, Liz can't wait that long, so... If, I mean if I need to use the ability again, I need to find another way to do it first."

Shining and Nearl look at each other.

Shining asks, "Such as?"

Lin Yie's phone rings.

Lin Yie apologizes, "Sorry, I need to answer a call."

He walks away and answers his phone, "Who is this?"

"I'm here..."

"What is it?"

For some reason, the caller stopped talking. It's almost like they hung up.

"Weird."

Lin Yie ends the call, but before he goes back to Shining and Nearl, his phone rings again. It's the same number as before.

"... to interview."