56 ➳ Are You Two Fucking High?

RUNNING

FOR MILES

This morning was crazy, crazy good.

I was awoken by Hale showering my face in kisses as he pulled me into him where he hugged the life out of me as he chanted happy birthday close to a million times. When he had finally let me go, he insisted that I needed to go downstairs and that Lila and Lakyn had some surprises for me.

When I had pretty much ran down the stairs as I was overly excited to see my friends and to see what they had got me, even though presents aren't a big deal to me because I've never really been given presents on my birthday in years.

Once I was downstairs, I was met with my two best friends, while Hale closely followed me down the stairs. Lila had engulfed me into a tight hug while Lakyn just smiled said happy birthday. They then reached for an oddly wrapped present.

I thanked them straight away and yanked the wrapping off, which then revealed a longboard, it was half marbled and then on the other side it was a polished wooden finish, the wooden finish was the exact same on the bottom of the board, while the wheels were slightly marbled but mainly black.

The longboard was so much nicer than my old skateboard as I had pretty much had that old thing for years. I haven't been able to skateboard the last few months all thanks to Hale, one day he thought that he would try and impress me with some dumb trick he supposedly knew but instead when he attempted the trick, he had snapped it clean in half.

Lila then handed me another present it was small, it was somewhat thin but it had a little weight to it. I tore off the gold and white striped wrapping paper which fell to the floor. Underneath the pretty paper was a photo frame.

The photo instantly bought a smile onto my face as we had taken it when we had been New Haven last. Hale decided to put his phone in a tree and on a timer so that we could all be in the photo together; we were all too scared to ask one of the many other beachgoers if they could take it.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Hale had then started to run backward, but instead, he stumbled back into me, pretty much pulling me down with him as Lila stood next to me where she laughed down at us while trying to catch me and not let me fall, but the best part was Lakyn. He just stood there with a glum and grumpy face as he was the only one looking into the camera.

Shaking my head, I laughed as I pulled both Lakyn and Lila in for a hug, Lila was the only one to hug me as Lakyn quickly wriggled out of my arms. Lakyn isn't a hugger unless it's Lila of course.

Then I was also gifted a rectangular box, which had been spray-painted black, I thank Lakyn as he had handed it to me, he made sure to quickly add that Lila had picked out whatever was in the box. I rolled my eyes playfully as I mouth a thank you to my pretty blonde best friend.

Inside the box was a black pair of converses, I tried not to scream as I put down the box and let a thousand 'thank yous' out which pretty much morphed themselves into three 'thanks yous'. It was the perfect gift as my converse were so beaten up it wasn't funny anymore.

After thanking them all another few times as I was so grateful for their gifts and well for them in general as today has already been the best birthday I have ever had in a long time and it was all thanks to them. Who knew that moving away from an abusive person could result in finding the most wonderful two best friends and the most perfect boyfriend I could have ever asked for?

We all chilled for a few hours, we were all now sitting in the living room on the sofa. The large glass doors were open, which gave us a clear view of the beach and the soft sunset which was slowly started to appear in the sky.