Chapter 37

Mia decided that she wouldn't tell anyone about what happened between her and Albus except for Alexander.

When the students came back after the break and were all sitting in the Great Hall waiting for the food, the Ravenclaw kept shooting glances at the Gryffindor Quidditch captain, thinking about how she should tell him what happened and hoping that he wouldn't react too badly.

" – and you know that uncle I have, the crazy one?" Sage asked her friend, who tried her best to listen. "He kept talking to the Christmas tree all night. Not like anyone cared, we were rather glad, to be honest. Didn't have to put up with him... Anyway, did anything exciting happen here?"

"No, not really," Mia shook her head, avoiding eye contact. "Thanks again for the cards."

"Aren't they cool?" Her face lit up. "Found them in an antique shop, I thought you'd like them."

"Yes, they're really beautiful," she nodded with a smile.

After the food appeared, everyone started eating. Mia, however, couldn't eat much, she felt anxious. As she took another look at Alexander, she noticed that he was sitting next to Jason, which gave her an idea. She waited until they finished eating and stood up quickly when they reached the doors of the Great Hall.

"I'll go and talk to Jason, see you later," she told Sage, then started rushing after the Gryffindors.

When she exited the Hall, she saw their group going up the stairs.

"Jason!" She called after him, making him turn around with furrowed eyebrows.

When his eyes settled on her, he broke out in a smile. "Oh, Mia! Hey!"

He and his friends all stopped, staring at the nearing Ravenclaw. Looking around, she noticed that Alexander wasn't the only one with him who she knew. Unfortunately for her, James was there too, staring at her with a slight smirk.

"Hello," she greeted her friend, ignoring the other guys. "Did you have a nice Christmas?"

He gave her a suspicious look but answered anyway. "Yeah... You?"

"She didn't," James spoke up suddenly. "How could she? I wasn't here to keep her entertained."

Mia ignored him. "Well, I just thought I would say hi," she smiled at Jason. "I'll go now, I want to check something in the library... Shouldn't take long..."

"Uh... Okay?" The red-head gave her a confused look. "Have fun, I guess?"

"I don't know if I will," she said mysteriously, earning a worried look from her friend.

"Are you alright, Mia?" He asked.

"I'll be in the library," she said again, then passed their group on the stairs and disappeared.

James broke out in a grin. "She wants to meet me," he said confidently, making Jason laugh.

"Yeah, maybe in your dreams, mate," he punched his shoulder playfully. "I think all of that studying is starting to get to her head. Come on, let's get back to the Common Room."

They started walking again, then Alexander stopped. "Wait, I think I left something in the Great Hall."

James raised an eyebrow at him questioningly. "What?"

Instead of answering him, he started going down the stairs again. "Go ahead, I'll catch up with you later."

He walked back to the entrance of the Great Hall and waited for a few minutes, then started rushing towards the library, hoping that James wouldn't go there too.