Chapter 7

"Oh Nyx's wet cunt, this is amazing." I moan, taking another bite of chocolate cake. 

        I eat a few more bites, unable to keep noises from exiting my mouth while doing it. Seriously, this chocolate cake is everything I've ever wanted. Like are orgasms really any better than this? I seriously doubt it at this point. Then I realize something and my head snaps up. 

       "Guys! Is all food this delicious?" I ask seriously.

       "I fucking hope so!" Kieran says as he leans forward, "I enjoy listenin' to you making so many delicious sounds." 

         He reaches out and swipes a finger across the corner of my mouth before coming away with a bit of chocolate. I can't help but watch in fascination as he brings the finger to his mouth and licks it clean, making eye contact with me the whole time. To say I'm hot and bothered would be an understatement. If this chocolate cake wasn't in front of me I would have thrown myself at him, literally. 

       Then an idea pops into my mind and I can't help myself. I maintain eye contact with him, lick my lips, and bring the last piece of cake to my mouth. His smile slowly fades as he watches my tongue move across my lips. I, as seductively as possible, wrap my lips around the fork and slowly pull it out. Then, because I really can't help it due to the pure deliciousness of this cake, I moan again and close my eyes as the moist and rich taste coats my tongue. I hear laughing and when I open my eyes again I see Leandre clapping Kieran on the back. 

       "I think you've met your match brother." He says, humor glinting in his light blue eyes. 

       "To answer your question," Emerson says, "Not all food will be as good as chocolate cake but seeing as you haven't tasted anything I'm sure it will all be, at least, somewhat delicious." 

        I smile at Emerson to let him know I heard him before I stand up from the island stool. I should have known that getting down from an elevated stool would be too much to handle with my newly corporeal legs but I didn't. So instead I hop down and immediately go toppling over, a small squeak coming out of me. Drazik catches me easily, like he was prepared for that to happen. I look up at him suspiciously. 

       "Did you know that was going to happen?" I asked. 

       He looks down on me and gives me a smirk, "You aren't the most graceful thing, little one." 

      I scowl, "You can blame these stupid corporeal legs." Then I gasp, patting my legs, "I'm just kidding, you're not stupid." I wait for them to disappear but they don't so I smile triumphantly as I look at Drazik. 

      Smirk still in place, he says, "I don't think parts of you will disappear simply because you insult them." 

       I shrug and make my way to the sink, rinsing off my plate, "I don't want to take any chances. I've been a weird ghost thing for 40 years and I would rather keep this body."

       "Shall we sit in the living room and discuss?" Forrest cuts in, all business as usual. 

       It's in that moment that I decide that, no matter what, I'm going to break through that cool calm facade and figure out what lies beneath. I've seen how he acts when he's just with his brothers and while it's more relaxed than his usual self, he's always guarded. One of these days I want to smash that guard down and crawl inside. 

       I make my way over to my favorite spot on the couch and plop down in it. Once everyone is settled around me I pull my feet up onto the couch and curl up, bringing the sleeves of Drazik's ginormous thermal down over my hands.