~ Chapter 49 ~ (Nezuko's Nature)

Tanjirou collapsed on the ground as he feel the pain he had been suppressing for entire battle against Daki. His eyes also begin to bleed as blood began to fall from the bottom of his eyes.

Tanjirou loses his focus and begins gasping for air after nearly passing his physical limitations. This is because Tanjirou already reached his limits but he continue to force himself to fight.

He used his 'life force' to surpass his limitations but payed the cost right now. It's like adrenaline going through someone when they are in danger until the adrenaline rush end.

However unlike adrenaline rush where people would be very exhausted after the rush ended, what Tanjirou did is far more dangerous. If he didn't stop, he could sustain any life-threatening damage.

Daki who is standing in front of Tanjirou's pitiful form is glaring at him. "Humans are truly miserable existences. After all, no matter how desperate they get, they could only go so far... How sad"

"Yeah, even your wounds won't heal easily. That's how it goes." Daki said as she mocked Tanjirou.

She began to approach Tanjirou slowly to deliver a final blow. "As payback for before, I'll now..." Daki continue to mock Tanjirou as she didn't aware a certain human friendly demon is approaching her in fast.

"Cut your head off" and a leg comes down hard behind Daki, rupturing her head. Nezuko stood in front of his brother protectively as she can be seen boiling with rage.

"Now you've done it! YOU!" Daki said as she glare hole into Nezuko. "You're the one that man was talking about!" she said as she recognised the demon that Muzan told about that managed to escape from Muzan's control just like Tamayo the fugitive.

Nezuko faces Daki and charges to once again try to kick off Daki's head, however Daki is able to cut off Nezuko's leg using her obi.

While Nezuko looks down at her bleeding thigh, Daki uses the opportunity to knock her off of the roof, and blast her into a nearby building.

As the two demon began to fight with each other, Tanjirou slowly begin to succumb into unconsciousness as his vision begin to get more darker.

Daki jumps down from the rooftop and approaches Nezuko whose trapped underneath a pile of rubble. "You're weak. You pretty much haven't eaten any human." Daki said cockily.

"Why did you get away from that man's control? You poor thing your torso is now in complete shreds. You shouldn't be moving" Daki mocked Nezuko.

Daki continues to provoke her and cockily says that she will not fight Nezuko anymore, and will simply leave her trapped and expose her to the sun instead.

However before Daki can say anything else, Nezuko comes out from the rubble and regenerates her leg in an instant, leaving Daki stunned at her abilities.

Nezuko proceeds to instantaneously regenerate her arm, which was cut off as well, leaving Daki uneasy. "Just now... Her healing and regeneration speed matched that of an upper moon" She said in realisation.

Nezuko's body transforms as she breaks her bamboo muzzle, a horn grows out of the right side of her forehead and her body also becomes covered in ivy-like demon crests.

Daki gets more intimidated by Nezuko's change in aura. Nezuko immediately rushed at Daki with a kick.

The upper moon demon tries to defend herself from one of her kicks, successfully cutting it off with her obi. However before she can cut Nezuko's head, Daki is still smashed into the ground by Nezuko's kick.

It is revealed Daki indeed cut off Nezuko's leg. But Nezuko in a split second immediately regenerated her leg back. Nezuko leg pierced through Daki's body, pinning her into the ground.