Chapter Twenty

A/N: Skirt is red, not yellow. Unfortunately I couldn't find a good enough photo. Sorry.

A dream wakes you up, just at the moment at which it might reveal the truth so that you only wake up in order to keep dreaming - To dream in the real, or to be more exact in reality." - Lacan

We were awoken to the sound of knocking on my bedroom door.

"Harley, get up! You wanna get breakfast before heading to school, don't you? I made breakfast burritos." Her footsteps grew quieter as she began walking away. "I made enough for the both of you." She called back from what sounded like the top of the stairs.

Jon and I looked at one another before erupting into laughter.

"She must have heard you come in last night." I said, still chuckling.

"Yeah. Probably." He stood up, stretching out his back. "Hey? Do you still have some of my clothes here?"

"Of course I do. They're in the first two drawers on the left side of my closet."

He set off in the direction I'd sent him, quickly coming back with a black pair of jeans and plain a black t-shirt.

I already knew what I planned to wear, so I headed to my closet to find it.

After a quick scan I found my black turtleneck and red and black plaid skirt.

Quickly pulling it on, I returned to my room.

"Hey Jon-"

I halted in my tracks as he spun around... shirtless.

My eyes dropped to his stomach.

I knew he worked out, but I can't believe this is the first time I've noticed his six pack.

He hadn't put on his belt yet, so his pants were sagging, showing off his defined v-line.

"Yeah?" He paused, adjusting his pants and buttoning them.

I paused, my eyes still trailed over his muscular abdomen.

"Harley?! Harley?!"

I jumped to see him waving his hand. He was now directly in front of me, still shirtless.

Our bodies were so close I could feel the natural heat of his body and his breath, which smelt faintly of peppermint.

I tilted my head slightly, seeing as there wasn't too much of a height difference between us.

"Is something wrong?"

My mouth suddenly felt dry. "N-no. Um, I'm really thirsty. I'm going to go get something to drink. Meet you downstairs."

"Uh, okay."

I didn't wait any longer. I rushed out of the room and headed downstairs, meeting my mom in the kitchen.

She was at the sink, washing some dishes.

"Hey honey. How'd you sle-" She halted as she turned to face me. "Oh. What's wrong? You're flushed."

I hesitated. "Mom. How did you know you like dad... like, more than a friend?"

Her worried frown instantly turned to a smile.

"You're only realizing this now?" She laughed.

"I-" I began before hearing footsteps coming down the stairs.

Seconds later Jon turned the corner, this time with a shirt on.

"Morning Mrs. Masters- Avril." He corrected himself as he caught sight of my mom's pointed look.