CHAPTER 44

Whole discussion with Arnav in the office and now with Anjali and Nani, started playing in her mind as she climbs up the stairs, and now when Nani had also permit her to be with him ... she won't leave him alone. She will take care of him .. love him immensely ... she will never let him feel alone and unloved ... Khushi promised to herself as she came in front of his room ... taking a deep breath ... she went in.

She roams her eyes around the room and found it empty, she moves towards the poolside and saw Arnav standing by the pool looking up at the sky. As she taken step from the French door, she saw Arnav's body getting stiff and his arms which were folded over his chest got loosen and came down to his sides. She knew that he had sensed her presence ... isn't it the same with her? Yes, she too senses his presence whenever he is close by ... smiling at the fact she stands beside him.

"I remember my mother told me once that when the person whom we love very much leaves us,  they become a star to watch over us", said Khushi as she looked to his face which only shows deep sorrow. "So actually they don't leave us but they stay inside us, around us to guide us in every step we take". 

"See there", Khushi pointed to a brighten star, "That's my mother and beside her is my father ... they are watching over me", said Khushi with a smile and looks at Arnav who was also watching the star Khushi had pointed out to him.

"Can my Ma see me Khushi?", asked Arnav in a low whisper. Khushi heart pinched at the pain in his voice.

"Yes she can. Look ... she is there watching over you", said Khushi as she point out another twinkling star.

"Is she happy? ... with me?", asked Arnav again in low voice.

"No ...", said Khushi and Arnav look at her, sad at the response.
"She is proud of you", said Khushi as she held his hand in hers. Arnav look at her feeling a bit relax by her touch.

"She is proud of her son ... the man he had become, achieving heights. The brother, who protects his sister.  A son, givinga wonderful to his family ... and a good father too", said Khushi.

Arnav was content hearing her until she mention the word "father". He jerks his hand away from her and take a step back. Khushi wanted to ask the matter when Arnav turned and went into his room ... his both hands fisted as he tried to control his anger. The word "father" had reminded him of his own father.

"Arnav ji ...", Khushi called him softly as she too came in the room.

"I hate him Khushi ... I hate him", said Arnav gritting his teeth as his mind went back to the bad days where his father use to misbehave with his mother and even beat him if he protested against him.

"He ruined everything. Everything. Me, my childhood ... our family ... and ... and my Ma ...", he tried to gulp down the pain as he turned and look at Khushi.

Her breath hitched seeing his red eyes now brimming with tears.

 "She ... she killed herself because of him. She did suicide when I was 14", said Arnav and tears roll down his cheek.

Khushicouldn't take it any more ... she run to Arnav and hug him tight. In all thetime she had known him, be with him ... she had never seen him so ... so vulnerable.

 so vulnerable