Chapter 30- Chase

I'm anxious to see Jordan as soon as possible after last night. I've been wanting to know what happened all night- is he safe? How did his parents react after I left? Did they say anything about it at all?

I wait at his locker for him. He sees me and gives me a small grin, which is immensely relieving. I hug him as soon as he's close enough, then ask, "What happened?"

He pulls away, biting his lip. "Well... my dad kind of skipped over the part where you're a boy and went straight to asking me about your accomplishments and success and stuff, and eventually seemed to come to the conclusion that I can be gay if I date successful guys because that probably means I'll marry rich and, I dunno, make sure he and my mom have money when they get old, I guess. My mom was awkward and asked a lot of uncomfortable questions, but overall..." he shrugs. "Not devastating."

"Thank goodness," I sigh. "I was terrified when they walked in."

He snuggles closer to me, and I run a hand through his hair, letting my fingernails drag along his scalp. He lets out a soft growl, his eyes closed and expression content. I grin and plant a kiss on his lips.

"You guys are blocking my locker," Nate informs us, and I smirk, tugging Jordan backwards so we're literally leaning against Nate's locker. Nate glares, so after a moment I release Jordan and move away, smirking. Nate rolls his eyes. 

"You guys are the worst. How difficult is it to wait until school's out to start making out?" 

"We do," I tell him. "And it's very difficult. We only manage with a lot of physical contact during the school day." 

"Nasty." 

"You and Levi are the only people who think so," Jordan points out. "The rest of the school thinks we're the cutest couple on the planet." 

I grin, because it's true. Even though Jordan and I still haven't given many people aside from our teams a straight answer about our relationship status, it wasn't impossible for the rest of the student body to determine that we're definitely dating and promptly start 'shipping' us.

"Newsflash: you're not," Nate tells us as he slams his locker shut.

"You're only insulting our relationship because you're jealous and pining for Levi," Jordan says, and Nate glares at him.

"I'm not even gay, you idiot. I insult your relationship because I have a deep seated urge to tell the truth, and I'm your best friend so I don't have to worry about hurting your feelings. Now get to class, you can give your presentation on the male reproductive system in bio."

"And you call us nasty?" I ask, and Nate smirks.

"Like I said: the truth. If I'm talking about you two, the truth will be quite nasty. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a class to get to before I'm marked absent."

I roll my eyes and slip my hand into Jordan's as we start towards bio.

About a week later, I discover how incredible it is to have Jordan in the stands at my games. My team wins (we usually do) and it's amazing to go to the side of the court and have him there to put his arms around my neck and congratulate me with a long lingering kiss. A cheer goes up from the stands, and I even catch Coach Baines smiling at us a little.

The scene is basically repeated at every game either of us have, and it becomes almost a tradition (definitely a tradition). I'm not sure if I prefer playing basketball knowing Jordan's watching, or watching him play football from the stands. I adore basketball, of course, but it's really fun to watch him as well. He's so good at what he does, and I love watching him win.