uno.

BLACK LACE
−−−−− UNO ; INTRODUCTION

7 years ago

"COME ON, LET'S GO." an excited voice carries throughout the room, the walls of a house once pure now tainted with white lies. They didn't know what they were getting into, their lives were already at risk.

"Follow me." another voice mutters, shaking her head amused. The twin sisters glided through the corridors of the mansion, their pure souls not accepting the truth. They wanted to know more, but how far were they willing to go? For even the brightest souls could be bathed in darkness.

They brushed through the halls quietly, they knew where they were allowed and neither their parents nor their guards could find out. They sought adventure, but what's adventure without getting hurt?

"Stay quiet A" her sister pulls her behind a wall, holding her breath in fear of getting caught. She knew something, the main reason she wanted to gain answers. If she told her sister, the person she trusted with her life, she would refuse, she knew she would.

Adelina squeezes her sister's hand, nerves overcoming her body as she remembered the blood. The way her hands flew to her mouth in horror. The way she slowly stepped back pulling her terrified sister with her. She would never forget the screams or the look of raw fear on her sister's face.

They sprint to a car, rushing inside as they escape the clutches and protection of their family. Driving has always been easy for Adelina, it was her get away. From the time she screamed in happiness to the time she cried in pain. It was simple really, when your feelings get to you, go drive.

Starting the engine, a relieved sigh comes from the passenger seat making the twin turn her head to her soulmate. A smile coats Daniella's lips, it looked fake and Adelina knew something wasn't right. Her sister wasn't someone who had a quick change in emotions. Daniella throws her head back on the head rest before being jerked up.

She looks up to glare at her sister, but when worried eyes meet hers she immediately drops, tears rolling down her face. Adelina's eyes stayed trained on the road but her face reflected pain. Something she wouldn't admit to, for losing someone you loved was the greatest pain anyone could ever imagine.

"He's actually gone Ina." a soft whisper floats through the air. Daniella places her forehead in her hands, sobs racking through her body as Adelina drives faster, tightening her grip on the steering wheel, a rush of adrenaline running through her body.

"I know Ella, I know." Adelina's eyes shine with tears, holding them back for she knew she had to stay strong for her sister. Pulling up to a dark building once made for royalty, now in ruins, the car comes to a halt.

She gets out of the car, slamming the door behind her as she makes her way over to her sister. The tight gear made it easier to move but they couldn't risk an incident with men.

Opening the door, she crouches down, pulling Daniella into a hug as she breaks down in her arms. Tears soaking through the thin material of her clothing, but she could care less.

Nicolo Lombardi was dead and there was nothing that could bring him back. The twins were close to their brother, and not many people knew there was a fifth member in the Lombardi family considering their popularity in the mafia and the real world.

He didn't deserve it, he was getting married. His fiancé couldn't bear a life without him, so she took her own. Adelina's mind replayed the scene where she placed a gun on her head, tears streaming down her face, whispering 'I'm sorry' to the screaming family members, but she didn't feel an ounce of remorse, closing her eyes as a small smile painted her face. Months of torture finally over.