Epilogue pt 4

There was a loud roaring sound, along with a trickling sound, hitting his room's windows, hard.

"Hm?" Namjoon groaned, stirring in his bed with his comforter before sitting up.

He rubbed his eyes and stared out of the windows when lightning flashed.

"Raining..." he mumbled as he grabbed his phone to check on the time, but when he heard the thunder, he quickly jumped out of the bed towards his door.

Yeon Hwa!

He opened his room door and yelped when he suddenly saw Yeon Hwa standing before him, sobbing.

"Uncle Joon?" she muttered, rubbing her eyes with the sleeve of her pajamas. Namjoon picked her up and patted her head, trying to calm her down.

"Thunders... Thunders..."

"Shhh... It's okay, I'm here," Namjoon whispered, kissing her head a few times, as he walked towards the guest room where she was sleeping in. "I'll get you back to your room, okay?"

"But I want to sleep with you!" Yeon Hwa cried out, hugging his neck tight as he closed the door behind him.

"I won't go anywhere. I promise," he whispered, placing her down on the bed. He put on the comforter over her and himself as they lay down next to each other, cuddling.

"How did you and your mama handle the thunders?" Namjoon suddenly asked, as he softly patted her arm.

"We hug together in sleep. When mama is not home, I will run to Uncle Wook or into mama's closet room," she mumbled, closing her ears as another thunder boomed.

"Closet room?"

"Mama said she used to hide in there too when there are thunders-"

The room suddenly got lit up with the lightning, and Namjoon hugged her closer to him as the thunder came again.

And he got another memory coming to him again.

"That one! That blue one- Ah!"

"Ya! If you keep bumping into me, how am I going to get that pillow?!"

"Sorry!"

"Just... be brave a bit. It's not like the storm could hit you! You're in the house!"

"S-S-Shut up!"

"Uncle Joon?" Yeon Hwa suddenly called out, distracting him from his trance. "How did you know mama?"

"Ah... she's um... a friend- Ah, remember Uncle Kookie? He was your mama's friend when they were little, like you."

"Oh..." she nodded, before she scooted closer to him, perfectly fitting in his arms. "Uncle Joon, I can just stay like this all night. You're so warm."

"Then get closer," he whispered, kissing her head as he tried to compose himself again because he knew that he heard her last words before, from Hyun Ae.

His mind that night was pretty much messed up that he couldn't even focus properly on the little kid.

"Uncle Joon..."

"Y-Y-Yes, Yeon Hwa?"

Yeon Hwa bit her lip, looking a bit worried as she went silent for a few minutes before she opened her mouth.

"Can I call you 'papa'?"

He gasped inside as they stared at each other. Yeon Hwa then looked at her fingers, feeling gloomy but she went on anyway.

"It's just... I never know the feeling of having a papa. My friends in school always say bad things to me, because I don't know where my papa is. When I asked mama about papa, she told me that he left us..."